help!! (1 Viewer)

ruski_gal

I have an assesment due 1st week back term 3 on options :Factors affecting performance and Sport and Physical activity in Australian Society.
Could someone please help me out with these questions. I kinda understand them but just need a nudge in the right direction.
Part A:
Critically analyse the relationship between sport and Australia's national identity
Part B:
Explain how athletes train for improved performance.

Part B is pretty self explanitory but what is Australia's national identity?

HELP??!!

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Hey, I haven't done that option, but I looked at the PD/H/PE syllabus and if you have a copy, then look under the heading/question "What is the relationship between sport and national identity?" look at what's under it and find the work which you've done that covers it and info from textbooks. When the question asks you to critically analyse it, it means "add comment using knowledge, understanding, reflection and questioning skills". So if you find the info and do that.. then hopefully it'll work??
Hope that helps!
Good luck,
- Anna :)

ruski_gal

ok so would national identity include regional identity too?? Cos we did work in class and did a flow chart thing which had the heading the relationship between sport and national identity and had all little sub headings like social value of sport and government funding aswell as australias sporting identity and regional idetity.
would that be the right kinda stuff??

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Like I said, I haven't done the option, but it sounds okay to me. I just looked at the syllabus and I'd say include all that kind of stuff you're talking about. It's better to have more then necessary rather than less, hey!

ruski_gal

true. I just hope i dont write too much. i have a habit of doing that.
Well good luck with the rest of your course and thanks for the help.

ruski_gal

for a quection worth 10 marks for each part do you think 7 pages of font size 12 is enough writing. Its worth 20 all up. I guess its better to write more than you need than to write too little.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
if it's succinct and to the point, then it's better than rambling on and repeating the point. so i think it's enough. if you're happy with it and think you've covered everything, then it should be okay.. i know, seems as though im being a bit of a hypocrite, but whatever u feel more comfortable/happy with :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)