Help (1 Viewer)

miss-teek

hey does anyone know where i can find succint notes on ethics (marriage and divorce), sacred writings and texts (christianity and judasim; love and suffering) and ritres (Brit Milah)? PLEASE HELP!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
try the notes off the front page.
The rites/brit milah stuff you can get from jewfaq.org

mojako

HSC
BTW, in the Ethics - Christianity document, it says:
"Catholics believe that the Bible is a direct source of the word of God. Other denominations or groups such as the Evangelical Protestants, however, believe that it is simply mans’ interpretation of the word of God and therefore need not be followed word for word. Nevertheless it still serves as an important guide."
I got that from 2002 exemplar. But in my trial the teacher wrote "No" next to that part, so I guess it's better not to write it. In general, Protestants rely heavily on the Bible while Catholics also appreciate what the Pope says.

Also, it says:
"Different texts carry different importance in different variants. The Bible has ultimate authority for Anglicans, whereas the Roman Catholic also gives authority to other writings such as the Pope’s encyclicals, and the Orthodox Church also uses the Philokalia as another sacred text. However the Bible is still the main source."
Pope's encyclicals are not sacred texts. It falls into the "authority" category in the 5 sources of ethics.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
your teacher wrote NO next to it because this line
"Catholics believe that the Bible is a direct source of the word of God." is 100% false
i have read the examplar answers for 2002, and i have never came across anything near this statement....unless i'm wrong, please show evidence!

mojako

HSC
To back me up, http://www.olmc.nsw.edu.au/learning/info_services/study_assistance/Standards/2002/SOR/index.html
(if you suspect the JPG file is not a real sample)

And apparently, the Introduction part there says:
Exemplar Samples
In addition to the student responses that illustrate the performance standards, some
student responses that have received full marks for each question have been included.
For each question in the examination where at least one student received full marks the
response of one of these students has been provided. The exemplary responses
demonstrate characteristics of responses that were awarded full marks. It must be
remembered, however, that in some questions other students may have used different
approaches to answering the question and still received full marks.

That suggests something about the quality of the markers...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mojako said:
To back me up, http://www.olmc.nsw.edu.au/learning/info_services/study_assistance/Standards/2002/SOR/index.html
(if you suspect the JPG file is not a real sample)

And apparently, the Introduction part there says:
Exemplar Samples
In addition to the student responses that illustrate the performance standards, some
student responses that have received full marks for each question have been included.
For each question in the examination where at least one student received full marks the
response of one of these students has been provided. The exemplary responses
demonstrate characteristics of responses that were awarded full marks. It must be
remembered, however, that in some questions other students may have used different
approaches to answering the question and still received full marks.

That suggests something about the quality of the markers...
Just because its one line in an exemplar response doesnt mean its right. Your teacher wrote No because its wrong-plain and simple. You have highlighted one of the faults of using the exemplar papers as a primary source of information (note it says " characteristics of responses "- not that its 100% right). At the marking centre, you dont get marked down if you write one thing wrong (unlike school marking, they tend to be a little more generous). Markers are told to assume that the student knows what they are writing if their writing implies it. One or two little (note the "little") mistakes will not mean you get crucified. If it did, no-one would get band 6!!
Never question the quality of the markers if you know nothing about the process........!!!!:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)