Help? (1 Viewer)

C'est la vie

I was just wondering if anyone had any ways to study that will help me to continually improve with my French.

So far I watch the French News occasionally on SBS, get out a French Film when I can be bothered...I'm reading Heidi in French, looking up words I don't know and learning them...does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!!
Mwa! xoxo

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you teacher is nice, do writing tasks for him/her, and get them to mark them. make sure you take note of your mistakes and try to not do them again!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh our teacher suggests we keep a diary of some sort where u can write nething u want in french, helps ur writing obviously...watching movies and stuff mainly improves listening skills...speaking i think, is the most difficult part of french...thats y i need to practice with mock speaking tests

C'est la vie

merci beaucoup pour ca! je trouve que je peux parler bien quand je suis quasiment seul, mais quand je doit parler pour un examen, j'oublie tous que je veux dire! C'est un catastrophe!!

J'ecoute pas mal; je ne l'aime pas, mais quand l'examen est finis et nous parlons...je trouve que je comprends plus que j'ai cru! C'est la meilleur! Aussi, en 'extension french' ma prof, il parle francais, et il parle jamais anglais. Et si je le vois entre classe, je doit parler avec lui en francais...Je m'amlioree beaucoup.

J'ai un petit journal que j'ecris apres l'ecole tous les jours. C'est un bon idea. J'ai un en anglais aussi, mais j'ecris en francais un peu parce que puis je peux utiliser ma francaise....malheuresment, je trouve que 'my spelling' n'est pas brilliante - je suis trop paresseuse!

donc, si vous voulez, vous pouvez corrigez tous de mes erreurs dans cette poste!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Serpentia
practise practise practise

read as much as you can

listen as much as you

actively seek out french speaking people

I do that at my work, its wonderful!
where do u work?

Serpentia

baker's delight

but the location (manly) means that many different people from different countries come in

So I listen to them carefully and learn to tell accents. Then, when I feel daring I ask in french if they speak french, or in english if I'm not sure

It's wonderful practice :D

hatty

Banned
go to a french chat room/forum on the internet
pick a topic ur familiar with
and chat!
gradually find someone intelligent and willing to help so u can start voice chatting etc.

ppl love it when foreigners want to learn their language, i dont think u'll have troubles there

C'est la vie

that's a great idea about the french chat room/forums! never thought of that! do you know of any good ones?

lol, good old bakers delight at manly :) i'm so addicted to your cheesymite scrolls. sad but true! another good place to practise your french is markets. bondi and paddington have really good ones and some of the stall owners are french...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)