Help (1 Viewer)

lawforever

HSC
I got 96.85 for this year's HSC. Will i have a chance to get accepted into Bachelor of Commerce in UNSW?
Last year's cut-off was 95.5

btw, i also applied Education Acess Scheme and got it granted

shazabdazla

yay me too, well, 96.3 anyway....

mm...i was wondering if it is worth spending a year doing commerce then transferring to law, for the good reputation of unsw. cos i have already been accepted into scu.

Mill

HSC
You should be fine. I can't see it higher than 96.5.

is a roflcopter
HSC
heh
its a jinx name

i vaguly remember sifnot99 getting like 98.95 or something really close like that

lawforever

HSC
r u guys all in UNSW?

I wanna ask is actuarial studies good in UNSW?

I wann do actuarial studies .I may have a chance to get into Macquarie. but i really dun like that university, and it z far away from my place

nerdd

hrm.
yes I have a question too ..

would it be worth it to first try commerce at UNSW and if it really is that "bludgey" pick up a combined degree like law for all that like lawforever said, the reputation, and the prettyness of UNSW :D
OR

should i try and get into B Business/B Law at UTS (it's 98.35 and i got 98.3........)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by lawforever
r u guys all in UNSW?

I wanna ask is actuarial studies good in UNSW?

I wann do actuarial studies .I may have a chance to get into Macquarie. but i really dun like that university, and it z far away from my place
It's good
the course difficulty/content, from what I hear is roughly the same at both uni's, but check out Macq's forum for a better (and biased) opinion

Nerdd: Goto unsw commerce and transfer - its much easier that way - I got 95 UAI and I am on the borderline to a Law transfer, by attaining a distinction average in 1st yr

lawforever

HSC
here is the contradiction

UNSW is more well-known and better reputation

But Macquarie is heard to be "NO 1" in Actuarial studies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
heres how i see it

macq uni actuarial program has been around for like 39 yrs or something... hence greater reputation. its programs has been copied else where.

unsw actuary founded by some one from macq only a few yrs ago, so it has yet to create any reputation. but at the open days etc, they clearly emphasised the flexibilty of the program....
ie. macq is only good at actuary. while at unsw, if u fail u can always try your hand at accounting or something:)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I got 94.8...but yeah I am hoping to do B.commerce at either UNSW or USyd...b'cos I have the EAS scheme.

and yeah the projected UAI fot B.commerce at UNSW is: 95
i saw this on UAC's website.

dvse

HSC
N/A
ANU at least until recently has used Macquarie syllabus.

Dingo

Banned
all you people with EAS schemes getting in the 90s... yous are all just scabbing more marks...
bcoz if you REALLY had a disadvantage during your education you woudlnt get 90+.. so goes to show wat people do just go get a few extra marks..

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)