help (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
if i was doing a related text for Area of Study, and it was physical, which mine is.

i would use Lord of the Rings.

can you see the physical journey?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
michael1990 said:
if i was doing a related text for Area of Study, and it was physical, which mine is.

i would use Lord of the Rings.

can you see the physical journey?
lots of people seem to do lord of the rings for physical journey.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
almost everything has a physical journey in it. well that's what my hsc english teacher always said. for you related text you can use just about anything. you must however related that text to your main idea, (i.e. your thesis statement of your essay)

arae

travels
HSC
Yeh Troy is good, but with everything which is a full text (a book or a film rather than an image or article)...

would recommend finding one or two scenes as then citing them as specific examples - shows a lot more knowledge. I mean an examiner is going to interpret 'the film Troy shows this aspect of physical journeys' as 'somewhere in this really f'ing long movie I saw the night before the exam, there is probably some sought of evidence for this...'. Imho it is more impressive to specify the scene and say "It is said that Helen of Troy had 'the face that launched one thousand ships', and in [Director]'s portrayal of the myth, the wide angle of the voyaging fleet illustrates the scale of the journey, and yet the close up on [character/random dude] provides insight into the personal nature of the journey. This is similar to ... [other texts]' just an example, haven't seen the movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)