help? (1 Viewer)

w00dy.

HSC
hello all.

i know its the holidays and all but my ext history teacher has given us an assessment to complete over the holidays;

the question asks;
'with reference to the source material and other sources*, evaluate how approaches to history have changed over time'

*other sources being the source book provided by the board of studies and any other material that we find.

i was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me find some quotes etc that could be applied to the question.

i was looking at approaching the question that addresses the idea that the history of our context and the history of the past is mass produced to feed the consumers market (movies, books, etc) and how the biased is introduced to twist fact to make it appear more interesting and or to glorify the event or people involved.

any help would be much appreciated.

Emly

E.T
HSC
reserch a few of the historians who are featured in teh source booklet - eg herodotus, and make sure thet you get one from each era in history, eg the Enlightenment, the Middle Ages, Post Modernism, etc.
a good way to approach the historians is to answer the core questions on them - who what when were how why. these give you a comprehensive understanding of HOW they have constructed their history, from here you can compare their methods and aims in writing history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)