Help with the relationship of the conceptual frames (1 Viewer)

jemmala

HSC
i have an art essay tomorrow and one of the questions is
"the interrelations between the agencies of the artist, work and audience."
so i need to know how the conceptual frames are connected and related within an artwork.
i do not know what the subject it, it's just a source material possibly pop art, renaissance as that's what we have mostly focused on, or anything they decide.

thank you!!!!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hi, sorry this response might be a bit late, but it can help you with your future essays.

The conceptual "frames" is actually a framework that connects the artist, artwork, audience and world. It examines the ideas in the artwork and how the artist's 'psychological world' (i.e. their beliefs, attitudes, values, opinions, experiences, etc.), their social world (i.e. cultural events, movements, ideologies, values, etc.) and their audience intentions (i.e. are they intending for audiences to re-examine their position on a certain issue? who is their intended audience?) and reactions shape the ideas or messages they are trying to project.

Often, in essay questions they ask you about 2-3 relationships between these elements, but often you end up talking about all 4 because they're closely interlinked. I find it a bit odd how you're given an artwork, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)