• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help with the pill (1 Viewer)

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
alby said:
try setting an alarm on your phone/watch, also helps if you have a time when you either generally wont have anything on, or it wont be too hard to take it. i chose 2pm because it's in the middle of the day (but not lunch time), i dont have to worry about tafe (nights), and i'll definitely be awake (enjoy sleeping in till 11 or 12).

make sure you have your pills on you if you're likely not to be at home within a few hours of your time. remember, you've got a 12 hr safety net with the combined pills, but only 2hrs with the mini pills (check your pack to confirm it)
yer i forgot again this morning...
so over it..
i hate the pill. giving me bad skin too. thank god im not fucking anyone aye

SmokedSalmon

HSC
alby said:
try setting an alarm on your phone/watch, also helps if you have a time when you either generally wont have anything on, or it wont be too hard to take it. i chose 2pm because it's in the middle of the day (but not lunch time), i dont have to worry about tafe (nights), and i'll definitely be awake (enjoy sleeping in till 11 or 12).

make sure you have your pills on you if you're likely not to be at home within a few hours of your time. remember, you've got a 12 hr safety net with the combined pills, but only 2hrs with the mini pills (check your pack to confirm it)
yeah I'm so glad about that safety net!!

Anyone on microgynon 30? It makes you have a constant high sex drive! :p And I have no side effects at all from it. :)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
SmokedSalmon said:

Anyone on microgynon 30? It makes you have a constant high sex drive! :p And I have no side effects at all from it. :)
YAY go Microgynon 30!! LOL

alby

cool duckie
HSC
chloe169 said:
yer i forgot again this morning...
so over it..
i hate the pill. giving me bad skin too. thank god im not fucking anyone aye
if you take it correctly and wash your face regularly, your skin should improve dramatically. i'm at the end of my 2nd month, and my skin is SO much better! i just take my pills everyday, & i've just started using a new cleanser & toner (both from aldi of all places), & then a little bit of moisturiser (mum's olay)..usually only once a day. i have next to no whiteheads and my blackheads aren't as obvious either, can you imagine what it'd be like later on? :D

*sasha*

HSC
no dont use primolut! well its good but apparently it has male hormones. and that scared me off it. the pill probably does too. but still.. just use the pill. im on it and its great. :D

*sasha*

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Sugar pill = no protection. Make sure you're relying on more than just sugar to stop you getting pregnant!
u cant get pregnant during ur period so its alll good!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
*sasha* said:
u cant get pregnant during ur period so its alll good!
It is a "common belief" that if a girl has sex during her period, she will not fall pregnant, that she isn't fertile and it just could not happen! But it is absolutely POSSIBLE for a girl to become pregnant when she has her period.

This is because sometimes a girl will bleed at the actual time of ovulation - the time when the egg is released. Sometimes ovulation can actually occur before the bleeding has stopped. Or it may occur within a few days after her period has finished. In both of these cases, having sex before the period has finished or just after it has finished, can result in pregnancy.

But anyways...why would you have sex during your period?!?!?! ewwwww

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lilkiwifruit said:
It is a "common belief" that if a girl has sex during her period, she will not fall pregnant, that she isn't fertile and it just could not happen! But it is absolutely POSSIBLE for a girl to become pregnant when she has her period.

This is because sometimes a girl will bleed at the actual time of ovulation - the time when the egg is released. Sometimes ovulation can actually occur before the bleeding has stopped. Or it may occur within a few days after her period has finished. In both of these cases, having sex before the period has finished or just after it has finished, can result in pregnancy.

But anyways...why would you have sex during your period?!?!?! ewwwww
Do it in a bathtub. A little bit of blood never hurt anyone (not clean blood anyway).

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
alby said:
if you take it correctly and wash your face regularly, your skin should improve dramatically. i'm at the end of my 2nd month, and my skin is SO much better! i just take my pills everyday, & i've just started using a new cleanser & toner (both from aldi of all places), & then a little bit of moisturiser (mum's olay)..usually only once a day. i have next to no whiteheads and my blackheads aren't as obvious either, can you imagine what it'd be like later on? :D
my doctor told me that my pill isnt one of the ones that improves skin.. its one of the ones that can actually make it worse.

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:

im on microgynon 20 i think..

have experienced bad skin and lowered sex drive.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
wow u got ripped..with microgynon 20 :S

and

to waf its not just blood.. its the outer lining of the uterus too.. which is uterus tissue and blood vessels

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
I know this thread is pretty old, but I've just started taking the pill and I'm confused.

With the 7 pills that are the red ones, why are 5 white and why 2 are the normal brown?

I'm just confused because I started taking them yesterday so Friday was a white pill now the Saturday Sunday pills are the little brownie ones. Why would they be different and why are there 7 when you only normally bleed for 5 days?

Hope someone can set me straight. The doctor didnt really go into much detail he just said to start on the red ones.

Thanks

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
The brown ones are hormone pills. It takes a few days for them to kick in.

The doctor probably told you that you'll only get bleeding in the red zone. Notice that a couple of days before the "red zone pills", the pills are bigger white ones? Yeah, they take a bit of time to take effect.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
the white ones are sugar pills, non-active, they allow you to have your period
the coloured ones are hormone pills, active, which keep your 28 day cycle the same every month and protect you from the bits you dont want

dont worry about it...you might have a shorter period this time, but it will be normal next month. starting in the red section is what you're meant to do, even if its on the sunday

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
Ok so I dont have to worry about the smaller red ones either? just keep taking them?

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
Yeah i know i am stupid. but what has confused me is there are 7 red pills when you only bleed for 5 days, do you take all of the red pills? Even if you have stopped bleeding.
How and I am I meant to meet up with the regular pills that start on Monday? If I started Friday and only have 7 pills.

HSC
N/A
Colours change depending on pills so I'm just going to use the terms 'sugar pill' (you only get 7 of these) and 'active pills' (you get 21 of these).

With the 7 pills that are the red ones, why are 5 white and why 2 are the normal brown?
I don't know. That's a bit unusual for a monophasic pill (unless you're NOT on a monophasic pill. Again, much more information is required to give you any sort of advice, most of which can be found in your little instruction manual), but there's probably a good reason for it in the instruction booklet. Alternatively if you googled the name of the pill, you might find out more info.

[quoteI'm just confused because I started taking them yesterday so Friday was a white pill now the Saturday Sunday pills are the little brownie ones. Why would they be different and why are there 7 when you only normally bleed for 5 days?[/quote]
See above comment.

Hope someone can set me straight. The doctor didnt really go into much detail he just said to start on the red ones.
Then follow his advice, and read the instruction manual (or google the name of the pill).

Yeah i know i am stupid. but what has confused me is there are 7 red pills when you only bleed for 5 days, do you take all of the red pills? Even if you have stopped bleeding.
As mentioned by someone else, it takes a few days for the sugar pills to kick in (normally two or three), then you have four or five days of period, and you keep on taking a pill EVERY SINGLE DAY regardless of when your period comes or finishes (as time passes it should start and stop around the same times). The red (are they white or red pills? You keep changing your mind on this. What colour is the actual pill, and what is the colour of the packaging around those specific pills?) pills probably indicate the 'week' you'll get your period. All pill packets are normally divided into 'weeks'.

How and I am I meant to meet up with the regular pills that start on Monday? If I started Friday and only have 7 pills
Each contraceptive pill 'packet' thingo comes with 28 pills on it, so I'm assuming you're referring to the 7 sugar pills. Usually you take the friday pill, then the saturday pill, then the sunday pill, then the monday pill. Voila!

I really hate to sound like a broken record here, but reading your instruction booklet or googling your pill's name (which goes into detail about your specific contraceptive pill) rather than asking random questions to people who don't have a clue what pill you're on (there are like, 50 different brands), would save you a lot of time and give you far more specific answers.

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
Here I took a picture of the packet to show you what I mean.

See how I started on the Friday, now the saturday and sunday pills are the little biege colour, and if i finish the red pills I will finish on thursday and wont match up with the top monday. Do I just keep taking them not worrying about the days not matching up?

HSC
N/A
OH

I get what you mean now.

Girl, you have to FOLLOW THE ARROWS. Once you finish today's pill, take the Monday pill RIGHT NEXT TO IT. NEVER go backwards - follow the arrows!! The coloured 'week' of the pill packet generally denotes the 'start' of when you pick up a new pill packet. Ususally it starts with the first week of active pills, but yours starts after the first few sugar pills. *shrug* It doesn't affect the pills at all, it just sets them out differently. (so yes, this means for this packet you will eventually throw away the remaining mond/tues/wed/thurs pills in the red section)

What you'll do is to keep on following the arrows until you hit the tuesday (21 pills after today's one) just before the red section starts up again. Then, you discard that packet (yes, even though there are four sugar pills left in it) and you start a new packet on the monday of the red section. And from that packet onwards, you'll be taking every single pill in the packet.

The only reason people tend to have leftover ones from their first packet is because a) some people are only told to start taking pills on day 2-5 of their period, b) the start of the sugar pills doesn't denote the start of your period - the period actually only starts on day 2 or 3, and c) even if one's pill packet is like yours, there's still no guarentee that your body will start your period on a monday, as opposed to a thursday etc etc

And in all cases - follow the arrows!

Oh, and have you considered changing doctor? He really did do a crap job of explaining things :/ Most doctors I know make sure that girls know how to follow the markings on their pill packets...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)