Help with Related Materials (1 Viewer)

lkuhgsadf

HSC
Hi all, I'm doing 'Away' and I already have one related texts a book and thats all I've got.

For another relataed text I was thinking either the movie 'Motorcycle Diaries' or the documentry 'Long Way Round' (it was on SBS awhile ago it had Ewen McGregory in it.) I'm leaning towards 'Long Way Round' as 'The Motorcycle Diaries' is in spanish with subtitles.

Which one do you think I should do. I'm not looking for study notes but suggestions on which one i should pick.

Thanks

mynameisemma

HSC
I used 'The Motorcycle Diaries' as one of my extra texts. Although it's a pretty long movie, I think it is a pretty sound text to talk about and relate to the concept. There are obstacles (ie. the bike breaking down, not having any money), growth, and realisation of the world around them. Plus, it's a really enjoyable movie. I know it's in Spanish with subtitles, which is a bit annoying, but if you're a fast reader (and hopefully you are) you won't have a problem. I'd recommend taking some notes of key quotes as you watch it, eg. "Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I'm not the same me I was." I reckon this is a good quote if you're talking about the journey changing you. Anyway, I'd recommend this, although I haven't seen the other text you mentioned. I guess it all comes down to which one you think you can talk about more effectively.

Good luck!

lkuhgsadf

HSC
Thanks for that!
Well I've already got 'The Motorcycle Diaries' on DVD and seen it about 3 times so I'm more confident with this and can read the subtitles alright so I'll probably go with this one. The two texts are similar except 'Long Way Round' is real, in english and the go from England to America on bikes.

Again Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)