help with question (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 11.54.53 am.png
compare how texts 1 and 2 highlight the ways in which creativity ignites new ideas (4 marks)
i was thinking of talking about the positioning, monochrome and contrast in saturation for the first image, but idk what to say for the second image

Last edited:

Greninja340

HSC
symbolism + rhyming is what i would do and then that way you can compare the two texts (i.e. text 1 uses only visual techniques and text 2 uses both visual and literary techniques)

icycledough

HSC
Quite evidently is the stark contrast in colour (black with a dazzling white light in image 1 while image 2 has vibrancy with plenty of colour). Honestly, the crux would be on the visual techniques, just because image 2 literally has 4 words, which you can't really talk about in much substance or depth.

Wizjaro

HSC
View attachment 33402
compare how texts 1 and 2 highlight the ways in which creativity ignites new ideas (4 marks)
i was thinking of talking about the positioning, monochrome and contrast in saturation for the first image, but idk what to say for the second image
So I actually did this question haha, I talked about how the first image uses something rather collective "books" to show how creativity can be shared with a greater collective while the second image explores the importance of creativity to an individual. Its best to not use word techniques when provided with images as you should focus more on the images. As for techniques, the first has a symbol of the mirror which it draws a salience to through the juxtaposition of the white and black colours. The second image uses brighter colours, perhaps to appeal to the individual, and again creates salience however this time its aided with the composition and the visual symbolism of the flowers representing growth. Whenever it is a compare question its usually really good to go straight to the syllabus or to address form. So here invidual vs collective would be nice + you can also address the colours. Perhaps the bleak colours of the first image represents the anchor in reality which books provide us while the bright colourful image of the second image represent the endless possibilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)