• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help With Pip (1 Viewer)

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
well.. i thought of this topic ages ago.. and since looking at this forum alone.. it seems my topic has been overdone.. but the thing is.. my PIP is about "why does society hate beautifulz?" i don't know if it is the same as the whole female body image thing.. because mine isn't focusing on women specifically - it's more towards guys and the sense that guys aren't treated the same as women in the sense that they aren't jealous of one another if a guy is more "hotter" than them. my whole PIP is basically about the schaedenfreude (the jealousy and the desire to see one "prettier" than you fall) - the whole notion of finding an aspect of a person and exploiting it. i've figured out my chapters and everything.. should i change the topic before i start researching?? :vcross:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
If you know what you're doing, keeping going with it. It doesn't really matter if it is overdone. Just make it interesting and relevant for the markers.

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
but if you were a marker; would you want to read it?? answer me honestly -like my teacher tells me all the time that if its overdone and the look at the front cover; they immediately get this impression and if its been done; they want to read something interesting.- cuz shes like marked PIP's before and she found my topic interesting but i'm feeling iffy about it now. but my teacher tells me that i have this "knack" for making simple topics interesting from all my assesments.. so yeah.. i guess i'm just gonna have to figure this out soon.. before i start my primary research

HSC
this issue is addressed in the movie "mean girls" and the book it is based on - "queen bees and wannnabes"

blink rock

HSC
i think ur PIP topic can have substance if u work hard, maybe include personal thoughts and feelings into it? i know that i was thinking of doing that for my PIP but didnt have n e where to go with it so i decided against it.

Just wondering if u have n e ideas for what i could do my PIP on? i have absolutely no idea wat to do. i was going to do conversational relationships between men and women but then decided against it. n e ideas would b really good! i am so desperate!

Kulazzi

HSC
well, blink rock, what are you passionate about? Similar to bootyfulz, a girl in my class is defining beautiful, what is a perfect face shape and the outlines of that shape (eg, like in visual arts how we have to draw lines in order to have the eyes and eyebrows aligned and the nose and mouth set in the middle), something like that. I'm passionate about religion so I'm focussing on and comparing judaism, christianity and islam. Do what you are passionate about as long as relates to society or culture :)

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
omg.. i haven't really started researching heaps.. im so screwed.. anyone interested in being in my focus group?? if you are, just holla.. beauty is quite overrated.. i stumbled upon this girl's site and it just made me want to laugh.. the quote that headed the site was "don't hate me because im beautiful, hate me because your boyfriend does".. wow, i think i should get a hold of this girl.. but yeah.. anyone know where i can a hold of the book "queen bees and wannabes"?

Princess Max

HSC
A really good place to pick up bargins for books is a website called ABE Books.....2nd hand books and really decent prices
http://www.abebooks.com/
I looked up queen bees and wannabes and they have several copies available

bootyfulz

blonde at heart..
HSC
i was wondering if today tonight actually aired the story on the body image crisis?? if so, did anyone record or would be able to lend me a copy? i went to the website and they don't have the story there.. please help.. the tennis was on the monday, wasn't sure if it aired on the tuesday..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)