help with neurology clinical case (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
hey can someone help me with this please, I am having trouble pinpointing the problem here, what do you guys think has occurred here:

CASE 5
A girl, eighteen years old, who had suffered from endocarditis, suddenly
fainted and remained unconscious for several hours. Her mind remained clouded for
nearly a week and she never recovered her speech. Examination, six months after the
seizure, showed a spastic paralysis of the right arm and hand with increased muscie
tone and exaggerated tendon reflexes. The tongue when protruded turned to the right,
but there was no atrophy. There was paralysis of the lower facial muscles on the right
side. Sensation was normal over the entire body.
rs the facial paralysis due to a lesion of the upper or lower motor neuron? why?
(see case X.) what type of paralysis is seen in the tongue? The paralysis in the
arm indicates an involvement of what group of neurons? These defects might have
been produced by a lesion in the internal capsule or basis pedunculi. Why does the
absence of any trouble in the leg speak against both of these places as possible locations?
Where are tle upper motor neurons spread out over a rather wide area and yet
so arranged that those for the face and arm might be in-volved together while those for
the leg escaped? On which side of the brain was the lesion located? What does the
loss of ability to speak (aphasia) indicate? (see p. 286.) what would have been the
difierence in the synptoms if the lesion had been located in the corresponding area of
the opposite side of the brain?

I THINK it's an embolism, occluding branches of the middle cerebral artery. for brocas area and lower half of anterior central gyrus. Can anyone confirm please??

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yeah definitely ischaemic stroke as a result of the bacterial endocarditis. MCA territory it looks like since its affect the upper limbs and face. doesnt mention anything about aphasias.

nazfiz

HSC
Dude your in yr 11 this year! If you already know this stuff you'll have an upper hand in med school without a doubt.

K

khorne

Obviously he just copied this from somewhere and is pretending to be a fuly sik neurosurgeon with #swagg

hayabusaboston

HSC
WTF i am in neuroscience olympiad national finals. Piss off. This is advanced version of biology olympiad

Oh Dr Fresh, it does mention aphasia.
What does the
loss of ability to speak (aphasia) indicate? (see p. 286.)

Prof Charles Watson from Perth Uni tutors me and some others

Last edited:
K

khorne

you can't even research

i doubt you are

you're too stupid to be doing something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)