help with my PIP (1 Viewer)

chatherine

HSC
i need some imput on my PIP, the thesis is pretty much how fashion creates social status, identity and power within a westernised society and how society reacts to these, yeh i kinda worded that very weird but thats pretty much its fashion relating to society and i did a cross cultural over time, well age groups todays youth and the older generations but it didnt work that well, so im looking for a new cross cultural and also some new directions to go in.

Kulazzi

HSC
well, you know like Mrs. Howard, Bush and Blair dress fairly elegantly, same with the Queen, she puts on hats and gloves whenever she goes out so that shows she's still following the early 20th century fashion despite the fact that we're in the 21st century.

Maybe you can have a look at the different religions as cross-cultural and considering that you're not a Muslim, that's another cross-cultural component, for eg. Islam condemns body fitting suits (like the above ladies kind of do), not sure abt other religions though. Islam is fairly strict on clothing. PM me if you want more info (but I may not reply til tonight or tomorrow morning)

I can't think of anything else, sorry!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Fashion reflects alot about the society we live in and the society we live in. For instance Coco Chanel when she made the first female pants was like being extremely subversive. You could look at it as a form of challenging norms in some societys. Fashion may also be inhibitng/liberating at the sametime. While women today can wear whatever they want and this can be liberating in some ways we also become trapped in this asthetic tyranny.

Just some random ideas.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
maybe you could do ur c/c on ethnic groups instead of religious, maybe look at a more traditional or conservative culture...perhaps even one that has changed greatly?? like japan...they have so pretty outragous styles as well as being kinda conservative? im not really sure. i dont even know what my c/c is!

Kulazzi

HSC
oh yeah! Japan has a very individual fashion wear --> "Fruits" - Japanese street style fashion. Good point WS! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)