Help with Interior Architecture/Industrial design?!? (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Hi there!
I'm a 1st year student doing design at uts right now, nd thinking of transferring within my own faculty or to UNSW for interior architecture or industrial design...

Just wondering how are the subjects like and if they are as practical as UTS or not... do they have working experience during the course etc? Do they only focus on a particular area etc?

If you dunno much, feel free to gimme any info that you know off design students @ UNSW thanks!!!!! :)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
thanks mednez..=) but i've been to that last year and recently.. i just want current students' feebacks that's all... =)

well i guess the design students are partying hard right now... so no BOS for em.

So for the ones do those courses OR who know ppl doing those courses, chuck me lil facts and comments bout it! Thanks!!

Jago: Hey poker boi!

elfm

HSC
all i know is that first semester industrial design is easy

juni

juni
HSC
(^o^) said:
Hi there!
I'm a 1st year student doing design at uts right now, nd thinking of transferring within my own faculty or to UNSW for interior architecture or industrial design...

Just wondering how are the subjects like and if they are as practical as UTS or not... do they have working experience during the course etc? Do they only focus on a particular area etc?

If you dunno much, feel free to gimme any info that you know off design students @ UNSW thanks!!!!! :)
what design major are you doing now? :eek: and why are you transfering? ^^

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
BDesign majoring in Interior design

still gotta think bout the sub-major...
i just came home from uni FUCKING DESIGN COURSE...........

Edit:
P.S nah i don't think i'm transfering to another uni no more,
realised uts design is really good, and that you learn about life as well as design
.....ok maybe i'm being a bit too deep o_O

Last edited:

choiman

d3peeto
HSC
i guess im kinda out of place here but i would also like to gain some student feedback about the interior design course at UNSW.

im a year 12 student looking to get into uni and was considering the course offered at UNSW...

so please if anyone can give some feedback it would be much appreciated

loveandhatred

HSC
hello :)
I'm a 1st year student from B. Interior Architecture in UNSW. The course is half interior half architecture. We haven't really done the interior till now, which is for our last project. The course is tough. So far, around 6 people has dropped out/kicked out, with more coming to drop the course next year. You have to come 80% of the attendance! or you'll fail straight away. I wasn't really into architectural stuff when i joined so my opinion may sound biased.

Basically, you'll be enrolled to 5 subjects.

You'll be assigned to projects when you 1st enrolled in. You have to present your work every week in design studio to talk about your analysis of the site, precedent, and brief (the analysis is only a one time thing in a project) plus your concept for the design. You may have to fork out quite a sum of money to do your presentations as we have to do some working models along the way, and finally the model plus the printing for the presentation works.

Also, it's good if you have already know some basic computing, we use AutoCAD 2007 this year and I was struggling in the beginning (this is for communication).
You'll also learn how building stand up...blah blah...the technology of the structure~ we're doing the cardboard shelter now for technology. It's fun :)

Theory and history....hmm...depend on which teacher you've got really. But in both classes, you will have to write essays. In history, you'll have a small test, but i think you'll find no problem with it. This semester, our theory teacher is being replaced by a new girl teacher for temporarily but she isn't that good. I don't think any of us understand what she is teaching. For history, however, the teacher is fun. Everyone like her class. We'll do some site visits along the semester. You would have to draw some interior features of the site and explain/describe them.

so yeah...basically that's all, there's more to interior architecture..but if I keep writing more about my experience in the course, I may bore you guys. If there's any more qn, feel free to ask
:wave:

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I'm a second year Industrial Design Student and the course is like what loveandhated has described but replace the architecture and initerior design stuff with product design. The course is tough with a lot of people dropping out (more than 1/3 of the class from first year has already dropped out). Stuff you do in Industrial Design include coming up with product concepts, making models and then do presentations on your work, technical drawing, computing classes, a bit of history, material technology, plus you have to take some marketing courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)