Help with IJ text (1 Viewer)

DJWazly

HSC
I am doing Boulevard Of Broken Dreams by Green Day, Is this an imaginative journey? if so how? Thanx :cool: :)

DJWazly

HSC
DownInFlames said:
It's a fairly shallow exploration of journey. You won't get much out of it. Not a good text. You should probably find another one.
Well im also thinking of Drops Of Jupiter by Train, but i cant seem to analyse it very well. Any help?

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
I think it's best to stay clear of songs, because most - if not all - won't have enough depth for you to really get sink your teeth in.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Drops of jupiter is not a good text. It's a pretty song, sure, but you'll have a hell of a time explaining the meaning in an essay.

Basically what it's saying is that he's afraid the journey she has made has changed her, because of all the amazing things she has seen. But it's short on super-cool sounding english techniques and so you shouldn't do it.

The only song that I would identify as a good text for ANY unit would be American Pie for changing worlds, as you'd use the transition in the music as a major technique. But other than that... just don't do a song. Ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)