Help with GOVT1101 (Australian Politics) (1 Viewer)

Jazz1234

HSC
N/A
I dont get the first assignment (Tutorial excercise 1), it says "choose one of the essay questions (see section 12 below)". Do we choose one from list 1 and the other from list 2?

brownie44

HSC
Yes, you choose one from list one (which is a feature of the political system eg parliament) and the other from list two (which are policy issues eg indigenous Australians) and then find sources related to your question.

Jazz1234

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your reply Brownie44,

I have another question (to anyone), Once i have found the 6 items, Do i just read one reference and write a 600 word answer to the 4 question?

OR

Do i write a 600 word answer to all the 6 item?

Because im getting mixed up with part 4 and 5.

Thanks.

kayvon

--
HSC
just one!

but apparently you should write one sentence within that 600 words about the other 5 references.

HSC
Part iv of the questions which we were meant to answer in regards to just one reference is basically telling us to mention the other references we have found anyways.

Is anyone having trouble finding an edited book?? I've found sources for everything except an edited book!

Alex499

HSC
Yeah I have all these books except I don't really know what the difference between an edited and a non-edited book is...

I have a multi-authored book that I'm thinking I'll just shove under non-edited and hope for the best.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Non-edited: First Edition of a book.

Edited: Usually books that have been edited a few times, resulting in a second or third edition.

HSC
Non-edited: First Edition of a book.

Edited: Usually books that have been edited a few times, resulting in a second or third edition.
Erm. I think they probably mean a book that that consists of a series of chapters written by different authors.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Are you sure? :confused: Because the items required are:
- a chapter from an edited book
- a chapter from a sole or multiple-authored book (not an edited book).

HSC
Oh, um.

Not sure then :confused:

Maybe you should send your tutor an email just to check. I'd find it a bit strange if they specifically wanted you to looked at a second or third edition of a book...But the instructions they gave are unclear.

/comment withdrawn

HSC
My tutor said that an edited book would be one where there was an editor and then the chapters are written by several different authors.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
My tutor said that an edited book would be one where there was an editor and then the chapters are written by several different authors.
Thanks for the clarification! Previous comments withdrawn.

Last edited:
HSC
Are you sure? :confused: Because the items required are:
- a chapter from an edited book
- a chapter from a sole or multiple-authored book (not an edited book).
Ah, yes. Reading this again, the second one is referring to a book may be antirely written by more than one author, as opposed to books in which a series of essays by different authors are published.

/earlier comment reaffirmed.

Taskan

HSC
I'm having trouble finding academic journals to draw from, are they all together in the library or something?

Alex499

HSC
Yeah i was going to email my tutor but she seems like a complete bitch. She was like "don't email me unless you absolutely have to and if you do I'm not going to reply for a few days, I have a life you know". I was wtf ok thanks for that

So for my edited book would i be ok doing a first edition book where each chapter is written by a different author?

What I found really irritating about this assignment is that I left everything til last minute (I went to the library yesterday to start) and all the books have been borrowed out. I can read a few of them online or on google books but it's still really annoying.

Taskan

HSC
thanks guys, that should be a real help.

And Alex499, maybe we have the same tutor, cos that sounds exactly like what mine said in our first tute

Alex499

HSC
Tuesdays' at 12 somewhere in merewether. But I changed it today because I changed subjects and it clashed so now I have Tuesday's at 11. I have no idea who I have haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)