help with getting to know someone.. (1 Viewer)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Neocity said:
I've got an idea that I stoke off that TV show "How I Met Your Mother" I'm dying to try it myself but havn't had the opportunity yet...

Ingredients...
1. Hot chick (if not available a norml chick will do)
2. Yourself.

And most improtantly

3. A friend why isn't afraid to look stupid.

Method.. In three easy steps

1. Take your friend on the train with you and point out to him/her the 'hot chick' target.

2. With your friend, walk past the 'hot chick', as you pass her your friend has to tap the 'hot chick' on the shoulder and say "Hi have you met (your name here)" while indicating you.

3. Your friend should then leave the carrage ergo leaving you with the 'hot chick' already in a forced (and as far as the 'hot chick' knows) unplanned conversation.

As I said I stole this off a TV show but I think it really has some practical application potential and would be grateful for you to try it out and report back..

The best bit is that you get to start the touching straight away.. risk free cause your friend does it..
That's just awkward.
But may be effective..

Neocity

HSC
If they've seen the show thats great! Then you've got something in common to talk about.. You see... Its brilliant!!

Neocity

HSC
Hrmm you've got me.. I guess if it gets weird from that then the person cant take a joke and isn't worth persuing.. or maybe she's up for a bit of tag.. and persuing is acctually ther perfect way to go... I'm drowning here aren't I...

Dejected

Crash into Me
HSC
u need a way in. like i was able to get this lovely girls number, today in fact because of the radio in the shop she was working. there was some news headline like "is nicole kidman pregannt? who knows?" and i kinda whispered to my self "who gives a..." then boom. she overheard that, and yeah the rest, as they say, is history

on a train, u could drop ur bag.....or just be blunt lol

Jiga

^

Well if you want to create a bad first impression, that would be the way to go... looking like a complete retard. Personally if someone did that to me on a train, thats what Id think..... they are retarded or at least have no respect for other people on the train including the person their trying to crack onto!

I would say go for the other ideas or something similar to the above except less retarded, like if she drops something like her books ask her if she needs some help etc

EDIT:

Off topic..... the other day this womens car broke down just before the Captain Cook Bridge, in the middle of 3 lanes...... I couldnt stop because I was in a side lane and had to keep traffic moving but no-one from the cars lined up w8ing for her to move it helped! Especially this retard in a Lancer who was at the front just watching her try to move the car! Ive expereinced a break down, anything other than a decline in the road and a car is HARD to move by yourself (especially so because in my case and Im sure other the steering goes heaps stiff and locks very easily), especially for a women... that guy was a disgrace!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
its an old addage in these parts that

"if you want to pick up, then man up"

aka stop being a pussy and approach the girl

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Have something interesting to say that clearly has a backstory but also requires her to answer a question, but don't reveal the backstory until she asks about it.

This gets her engaging you, and you seem interesting from the get go.

Make sure you always have a bail plan. She doesn't want to be stuck talking to you if you're retarded and stupid.

Example:
Look, I've got to get back to my mates, but I've got to ask you a serious question. *insert question here*.

This leaves her feeling safe because you're not going to be lecherous, but also intrigued because you're asking her an interesting question. I'll let you figure out the questions for yourself, but make them involve a comparison between 2 things, like a multi choice answer - nothing transcendental like: "What is life anyway?"

Dejected

Crash into Me
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Have something interesting to say that clearly has a backstory but also requires her to answer a question, but don't reveal the backstory until she asks about it.

This gets her engaging you, and you seem interesting from the get go.

Make sure you always have a bail plan. She doesn't want to be stuck talking to you if you're retarded and stupid.

Example:
Look, I've got to get back to my mates, but I've got to ask you a serious question. *insert question here*.

This leaves her feeling safe because you're not going to be lecherous, but also intrigued because you're asking her an interesting question. I'll let you figure out the questions for yourself, but make them involve a comparison between 2 things, like a multi choice answer - nothing transcendental like: "What is life anyway?"
sounds kinda good...im interested about what the questions would be....

"hey, blah blah, but ive got to ask you if you seriously could get any more beautiful?"

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
GO up to her and tell her

"Can I ask you a question? I'm not really good at talking to women, they make me nervous. I fact whenever I talk to them I get really uncomfortable and don't know what to say. What sort of stuff should I say that will get a girl I find attractive talking and at the same time stop me from feeling nervous. Cause I know that once I get pass that stage she will see how I'm not some freaky werido"

HSC
N/A
Dejected said:
sounds kinda good...im interested about what the questions would be....

"hey, blah blah, but ive got to ask you if you seriously could get any more beautiful?"
eww pickup line in the getting to know you stage :/

Unless you deliberately want her to feel a bit uncomfortable, avoid?

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Hmm. Well, observe the finer details. For example:

1/ does she read a book? ask her about that. Talk about books or stuff.

2/ Jewelery? ask her about that funni nosering she has (hey, you didn't exactly describe the woman in any detail...)

3/ Does her body language suggeest anything? Violent personality? Innocence? Disgust? Sex?

4/ Oh, maybe what time of day and how crowded the train is. Hard to hold a convo if you're suashed up against eachother (ooh...)

Probably the one most guys fail to notice is if she's travelling alone. All they see is the girl, and they fail to notice the 300-pound Mr Universe boyfriend sitting nect to her. Yeah, be careful of that too. (Is she wearing a ring, maybe?)

Anyway, the key to the door is conversation. Conversation drives the world.

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)