help with financial sheets (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Can someone please give me a straight answer as to what each of the financial statement shows? I'm fine with ratios and what's actually on the financial statements, but like, does cash flow statement show profitability? Etc. Like what does each statement SHOW. Idk if this makes sense :(

idkkdi

HSC
Can someone please give me a straight answer as to what each of the financial statement shows? I'm fine with ratios and what's actually on the financial statements, but like, does cash flow statement show profitability? Etc. Like what does each statement SHOW. Idk if this makes sense :(
income statement gets u to net income/retained earnings (ie how much money have u made in each year whether that is in cash or to be paid in credit). balance sheet shows assets and liabities in the company (what things do u have and what things do you have to pay off). cash flow statement shows the cash inflows and outflows of the company (if u want to know how much cash you actually have right now).

ratios would normally involve data points taken from the income statement and balance sheet. cash flow statements purpose in finance (dcf models etc) is usually to find a cash amount which you then chuck into the balance sheet, and to inspect where cash is exactly going in and out of.

Last edited:

aqwerty13402

HSC
income statement gets u to net income/retained earnings (ie how much money have u made in each year whether that is in cash or to be paid in credit). balance sheet shows assets and liabities in the company (what things do u have and what things do you have to pay off). cash flow statement shows the cash inflows and outflows of the company (if u want to know how much cash you actually have right now).

ratios would normally involve data points taken from the income statement and balance sheet. cash flow statements purpose in finance (dcf models etc) is usually to find a cash amount which you then chuck into the balance sheet, and to inspect where cash is exactly going in and out of.
Thank you for your help, but I mean in terms of the financial objectives (PLEGS). Like is there specific statements that show specific objectives? Sorry I should have made that more clear.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
On a serious note, I'm sure most Business studies notes have all this stuff wrt to syllabus but in detail and more organised in the notes section of this forum and most of em were pre good when i did the course. U should prolly check there

idkkdi

HSC
Thank you for your help, but I mean in terms of the financial objectives (PLEGS). Like is there specific statements that show specific objectives? Sorry I should have made that more clear.
liqudity/solvency ratios r mostly in the balance sheet. others u take data from a more mixed amount of statements iirc. check formulas and see which statements those items belong in.

aqwerty13402

HSC
liqudity/solvency ratios r mostly in the balance sheet. others u take data from a more mixed amount of statements iirc. check formulas and see which statements those items belong in.
oml this makes sense thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)