help with catholic trial!!! (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

hey everyone i was wondering if anybody knows where i could find model answers for these two q's from CSSA 2004

Assess the role of the purges and terror in establishing a totalitarian state in the Soviet Union between 1928 – 1941.

Explain the reasons for the demise of détente

if no model answers than mabye you guys could giv me some advice on how i could answer these q's. I think ther is a good chance of them appearing in the HSC

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
mmm i dont have model answers but i might be able to give u some points cause i do both topics

Assess the role of the purges and terror in establishing a totalitarian state in the Soviet Union between 1928 – 1941

totalian state - ummm now this meant under control of dictotor or something - anyway u woudl need to define what u meant by totaliarian first off in ur intro

basically look at how the purges removed opposition

it got rid of Trotskyism - thus Stalin's Revlution in one COuntry became the leading theology

then the terror they had the whole dedication to stalin -there were stories that ppl woudl not stop clapping because they would be killed for being against stalin

basically the state became under the control of Stalin and if u were agianst him u woudl be killed...

thinking i have some really good notes about this - i shall find them 2morrow and post it...

as for
Explain the reasons for the demise of détente

there was the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan - that was the final straw

regan's presidency

the ambigious years of Carter and Ford - they didn't really do anythign to promote detente

ummm yeah come back to me tommorrow and i'll have a look - these r all in my ntoes just matter of finding them

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
hey - found totalian notes

k - its an ideoloy which is imposed and prmotes the virtues/strenghts of the perfect state

- single party led by one man

-application of a system of terror

-effective means of mass communication are controled by single party government

- monoploy of the production use of weaponry

-bureratic control of entire economy

basically u can show how each of these 5 points was enforce by purges/terror

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)