Help with Case studies (1 Viewer)

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what these cases are about?

Ex Parte Willis
Duchess of Argyll vs Duke of Argyll
Eliades vs Eliades
Case of O’Dea

cameron0110

HSC
I only know O'Dea... In the marriage of O'Dea 1980 is a case where the Family court gave an injunction to stop an abusive husband from living in the matrimonial home because he was abusive to the wife and children. The wife also asked for maintenance but the man was unemployed so no maintenance was awarded but he was not allowed back into the matrimonial home.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
do u really need to know these case studies in depth for the essay

sure the question could be structered in a certain way where having a whole heap of case studies helps, but generally ur only referencing them to make a point and prove your understanding

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I just need to know what issue they represent so when I am writing about that issue I can incorporate case studies.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah ok then- all the ppl in this thread constantly asking about case studies and getting informative information is good, but u wont need that much info

Paz

thejosiekiller said:
ah ok then- all the ppl in this thread constantly asking about case studies and getting informative information is good, but u wont need that much info
Yeah i agree. You really just have to know its relevancy so you can put it in your essay.

brookalyn

HSC
EX parte willis

im pretty sure ex parte willis is about a girl aged 17 at the time that used to live in my town applying for permission to marry her 22yr old fiance so that her unborn baby would not be born out of wedlock. the perth magistrate refused her permission. then they appealed to the state supreme court where it was held that circumstances for marriage at such an age etc need only be sufficiently exceptional not extremely exceptional. i actually knew the girl involved!

Confuzzled

Duchess of Argyll vs Duke of Argyll (1967) - Confidently was an expectation of marriage even after its breakdown

Eliades vs Eliades (1981) - The courts can enforce maintenance, even when it appears to be extreme

These cases come under: Legal consequences and responsbilities of a marriage - duties of husband and wife in the syllabus

Hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)