• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help with BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What techniques does Scott use to depict Deckard as a social outcast? I can't seem to find any:/

mack

Banned
HSC
Im not sure if im reading too much into this, but I thought the title was an inference to this. "Blade Runner" to me, gave the impression that Deckard runs on a knife edge between artificiality and humanity, and we are never really sure of which he is, not quite a member of the human world nor artificial world. I said that in my trial and it got the markers juices flowing. Also his dreams of unicorns and other natural things(Stark contrast to the industrialised world of Los Angeles of 2019, where nature has been completely marginalised) are another technique.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks man, I have to spread some more love before I can rep you again but:S

mishka

HSC
N/A
Scott also has a lot of one-shots of Deckard, in the restaurant, he is an observer, sitting on the side, whereas action is happening all around him. at the piano, the music playing is sad, solemn and depicts the thoughts (doubts??) he has running through his mind.

mack

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Thanks man, I have to spread some more love before I can rep you again but:S
Oh dont worry, you can just put on that Cheltenham uniform and get that pink belt out! :D:D:D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you can mention that he has lost all self respect and is detached which is kind of related to being an outcast. this is conveyed through his unkempt clothing and through his dark and dingy apartment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)