Help with Bachelor of Mining and Civil Engineering! (1 Viewer)

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

I just received my ATAR of 90.55 but Mining and Civil Engineering at UNSW is 91. With the UNSW bonus points, do I still stand a chance of getting in?
I'm tossing between the two but if anyone has any opinions of the courses I would appreciate hearing them :)
Thanks

nifkeh

HSC
yes you can, if the demand isn't too high

probjer

HSC
im also thinking about the civil/mining course because im also tossing up between the two, but what are the benefits or advantages of doing both, is it really worth the extra year? And also, civil engineers can also work at the mines so if you really wanted to work at the mines and get a degree in civil, you could just do civil.

mash121

HSC
if you are tossing up between civil or mining and can do a double degree for both i would choose the double degree because its alot easier to drop from the double degree to the single degree then the other way around. i think that first sem for all engineering disciplines is the same so if you do pick one and decide to change early it wont set you back at all. i think that the best two fields for engineering in terms of jobs are civil and mining so by doing the double degree you are really broadening your opportunities and at the cost of 1 year it aint so bad.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
85 (and no bonus points) will get you in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)