help with AOS Section III (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

For the 2004 HSC AOS question they give you a statement: The Journey, not the arrival, matters.

Then it says discuss this statement, focusing on how composers of texts represent the concept of the journey.

What exactly do you do? Can I just write down everything i know about journeys or do i have to just talk about that statement thus focusing on it.

And for this year's Catholic Trial AOS question, how has studying the assumptions underlying the concepts of journey increased your understanding .........
What are exactly are these assumptions? Do we have to state the assumptions?
And for this question, can we just write down everything we know about journeys.

In fact, are all AOS Section 3 questions designed for us to write down everything we know about journeys?

eminee

HSC
What you really need to do is go through the journey that you have learnt, and pick aspects of it that are important and use those to answer the question. So, for the 2004 HSC, you could use something like the journey creates an understanding of self through a particular experience. Make it orignal and according to the journey that you have studied. Whatever you do, don't just write everything that you know. I know markers are more sympathetic in this section, but don't overwhelm them. Show flair and sophistication and most importantly, control over what you are writing. Does that make sense?

the_essence

HSC
housemouse said:
For the 2004 HSC AOS question they give you a statement: The Journey, not the arrival, matters.

Then it says discuss this statement, focusing on how composers of texts represent the concept of the journey.

What exactly do you do? Can I just write down everything i know about journeys or do i have to just talk about that statement thus focusing on it.

And for this year's Catholic Trial AOS question, how has studying the assumptions underlying the concepts of journey increased your understanding .........
What are exactly are these assumptions? Do we have to state the assumptions?
And for this question, can we just write down everything we know about journeys.

In fact, are all AOS Section 3 questions designed for us to write down everything we know about journeys?
Well for the 2004 question, u do a bit of everything. U define journeys (in the context of your study ie physical, imag, inner). Then u go on and address the quote and state ur thesis (argument) in whether u agree or disagree that 'the journey, not the arrival matters' .

I would encourage u to agree with the quote as from that u can say 'various texts demonstrate the importance of the journeying process..." and get straight into ur prepared texts and how they represent journeying and its effects on the traveller, protagonist, etc

Umm for Catholic, although i didnt do it, I wuld advise u to address 'underlying concepts' or ideas such as:
- self- growth/discovery
- adversity and obstacles
- outcomes (good/ bad)

And yes, these sections are not strictly designed to trick you. U just have to write everything u noe, by linking it to the question at the end of discussing each text.

Hope that was of help, good luck!!!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
fallen__angel said:
hey I've heard ppl around saying that this year they might not ask for an essay type response for section III...
what do u guys think?
It's possible, considering that basically everything asked last year was essay-based.

Dropdeadbored

HSC
Ok I also hate writing essays, etc.
But the best thing to do is to do a Journeys essay based on the rubric if you aren't sure. then look at the question again and see exactly what it is asking.
The question usually will focus on one part of the rubric.

If it asks you about what you learnt/think/whatever, it's a speech and you basically just tell them the rubric. eg. "I learnt that a journey isn't just physical" or "you have to overcome obstacles in order to reach your goal".

So basically, just write about your texts in relatino to the rubric, and make up some shit that makes you sound like you understand the question.

well bloody hell i better go study now. i been procrastinating- doesnt help that its been hot, and i had a massive sunburn and bad hayfever all week. guess it's cram the day before each exam, heh?

Good luck to everyone- hope u do well, just not better than me. :>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)