Help with an Atar estimate? (1 Viewer)

hb0623

HSC
Hi, I would appreciate an estimate pls (2023 HSC). My school is ranked roughly towards the bottom of the top 100 and is non-selective, hence the large variation in band 6's from year to year in subjects like business, pe and maths

English Advanced: 77% 8/32 (6 b6's 2022, 10 b6's 2021)
English X1: 74% 1/4 (3/3 E4's in only previous class in 2019 HSC)
Maths Advanced: 76% 4/22 (1 b6 2022, 5 b6's 2021)
Chemistry: 88% 5/10 (0 b6's 2022, 1 b6 2021)
PDHPE: 91% 2/31 (2 b6's 2022, 8 b6's 2021)
Business Studies: 89% 3/55 (9 b6's 2022, 19 b6's 2021)

I'm currently aiming for an atar of 96+, is that at all possible? Thanks for any and all feedback

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR up to 96.

Your performance in PDHPE and Business Studies is of a very high standard, meaning that both subjects are highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. This indicates that your study strategy has been effective for both subjects, and that you should maintain this strategy as you continue to prepare for your HSC exams. This will hopefully allow you to maintain this standard and maximise the contribution of both subjects to your ATAR.

Your performance in English Advanced also seems to be of a high standard, although at a level slightly lower than PDHPE and Business Studies. Similarly, this indicates that your study strategy has been effective, and that you should maintain it as you approach your English Advanced HSC exam.

The same can be suggested about Chemistry, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. This indicates that there may be areas of improvement that you should address as part of your preparations for your HSC exam. Of course, you know your own position best, and the specific areas of improvement that you should address (if applicable).

On the other hand, English Extension 1 and Mathematics Advanced appear to be your lowest-performing subjects. Based on this, it would be a good idea to place additional focus on your preparations to ensure that you perform at the highest possible standard and maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

Overall, a 96+ ATAR is definitely within reach. At this stage, whether you can achieve (and potentially exceed) a 96 ATAR will depend on your performance in your HSC exams. The better your performance, the higher your chance of reaching your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)