HELP! What should i do? (1 Viewer)

w8t4hope

HSC
Currently, my sub choices for my prelim are as follows:
ext eng
ext math
phy
chem
sor2 (this is compulsory as i go to catholic school)

now just today, i received a letter saying i got first place in diocese/region for sc history...
i was always decent at history during high school, but didnt pick it becuz i thot all the memorising wud be hectic in year 11/12; and didn't know i was THAT good.
now im realising that im actually quite capable at history, shud i replace one of the sciences with history?

Note: i am good at history cuz i have a killer memory, but the thing is, i dont like memorising. im good at it but i dont like it. thats my dillema lol.

so wat you think? and also, if i shud do history, which one? (modern or ancient)

thanks for ur response :D

Last edited:

TheNorthern

HSC
Honestly, if I was that good at something, I'd be dropping physics or chem and picking it up. You're aiming for a very high UAI, so you probably should be doing what you're best at to get the best results possible.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you're going to pick a history and don't mind which one you're doing - pick modern.

From reading your post, unless you like modern i wouldn't recommend you picking it up despite your obvious talent. Both courses do have quite a bit of content and if you don't like the subject, you'll hate "memorising" even more and most likely screw up.

With that being said, if i were you i'd pick up modern and ace it and just stuff 2U religion XD

K

khorne

If you want a MBBS, don't drop chem, as although you re-learn most of the things again, it's good to already know it from HS.

CecilyMare

HSC
do you have photographic memory? otherwise your memory is the same as ours, it just depends on what you're actually paying attention to, like stuff you're interested in etc

w8t4hope

HSC
mm so bad how religion is compulsory...
so modern > ancient?
i think im better at modern history anyway (i like precise dates and stuff).

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
mm so bad how religion is compulsory...
so modern > ancient?
i think im better at modern history anyway (i like precise dates and stuff).
Scaling wise yes. But only take that into consideration if you don't especially like either course - i suggest you do the one you most prefer.

And yeah, if you like precise dates, politics, war, propaganda or just like learning about topics that happened relatively recently, modern is for you :)

awaitingtrain

HSC
A good memory would be really helpful in chemistry as well as history.. remembering chemical names, symbols, formulas, atomic weights, reactions and technological applications isn't as easy as it sounds lol ;).

If you honestly want to be a doctor becasue you know you'll enjoy your career and you want to do chemistry than there's nothing to stop you... I think you have the capability judging by your other subject choices..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)