• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help w/ buying Mobo, CPU (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
velox: Kentsfield's previews so far look very promising. There's just one problem: PRICE. LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$.

Asy: Like I said the 3200+ should be fine for what you need. If you can wait another year, DDR2 prices will have fallen, Kentsfield prices will have fallen, K8L will be out and Vista will hopefully be relatively stable by then. Plus if you're keen on DX10, a 65nm refresh should be out by then (G81/R680.. although I dunno if NVIDIA wants to get off 90nm before the G90), which means MORE DX10 compliant and better cooling. These first generation DX10 cards are expected to be power-eating furnaces. X2800XTX is rumoured to be the biggest, hottest card ever and the Geforce 8800GTX is rumoured to REQUIRE water-cooling - that is, the model will come factory water-cooled.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah they sound like they're going to be quite $$$$, but yeah I can wait :) Should get back to reading on this stuff aha

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Serius said:
Even then alot of overclockers have got incredible results from generic RAM, its just that good brands like corair increase your chances of getting a luck of the draw godly overclocking stick.
Find something generic that will hit 1000MHz.

True, RAM brand is generally useless to mainstreamers (choose brand over generic though), but at the top end, hand picked RAM is still far superior.

5p1k3y

HSC
hey ppl i have 3 cpus on sale they are all OEM condition with no warranty.

I have an Intel Core 2 E6700 for 650 bux including express post delivery.
also an intel Core 2 x6800 for 1200 delivered
and also an intel pentium D 960 for 310 delivered. My email is jimnie_@hotmail.com please feel free to contact me! HSC IS SOON FAROUTT STRESS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)