HELP - title for my PIP (1 Viewer)

f.director

HSC
Hi everybody

im doin my pip on "human cloning and the views of people from different

religions" so far i couldnt find any catchy titles so if u post some thatll help me

alot. Thanks.

I thought of one but doesnt hav the religious part - "double identity".

wat can u say im not very creative. lol

Kulazzi

HSC
umm...what about:

"Holy moly! It's _____!" Double? Human Cloning? (<-- this one kind of rhymes)

Holy kind of makes an indirect reference to religion but not quite.

"Oh My God! Talk about Human(?) Cloning!" - obvious [indirect] reference to the diving being, next short statement indicates your topic and the exclamation marks make it even more realistic (kind of, as in people's reaction if someone brought up such an issue)

f.director

HSC
Thanks kulazzi, u good help.

i might pick one of those.

how bout "holy s**t it's a human clone!", or "jesus christ! it's human cloning!"

also just wondering if i can hav a title like this (s**t) or its unaccepted.

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
I wouldn't encourage you to use words like that as your title; remember, a book can be judged by its cover so with a title like that it can leave a bad impression.

The Jesus Christ one sounds good. Very "slang" I guess you could say ;). Just one question though, which belief systems are you covering in your PIP?

f.director

HSC
ill be covering mostly the main ones such as
  • buddhism
  • christianity
  • islam
  • atheist/non-religious
  • hinduism
im goin to post my survey tonite hope u can participate in it.

Last edited:

ashimation

HSC
whoa...ALL of them?

I suggest (and feel free not to take this advice) to cut it down to two or three so you have more DEPTH (they love depth). I tried to cover lots of 'case studies' or examples and was very close to going seriously over the word limit (thus I had to cut iout different cases). Other than that, you might accidentally end up with not much scope for serious analysis -- ie. you'd just be touching the surface of the different religion's views.

Does that make sense?

Also, how are you going to collect data?
I'm only asking because you are linking cloning with religion -- and while there are links between the two (morals, ethics etc) they might not be really clear or secondary data might not be plentiful.

For example, my area of interest was civil disobedience and I originally wanted to compare the different methods/ideas/opinions of different ethnicities. BUT I found this very hard to do as there was no previous secondary data for this comparison, and collecting my own was difficult.

ANYWAY, while that was very long winded and off topic I hope it helped. :) Good on ya for starting early and picking an interesting topic!

Kulazzi

HSC
^excellent post ashimation.

I agree with her, why don't you just pick three out of the five.
  • One which has a belief in God
    (Hinduism/Christianity/Islam although I advise you to choose one once you have had a look at the surveys. Just choose the religion which responded the most. For example, I was doing religion and adolescent identity and wanted to contrast it across three belief systems but a majority were christians who responded the most so I only used this as my main focus and compared it with the very few buddhists and atheists who had completed my survey)
    [*]one which doesn't (obviously atheism) and;
    [*]a philosophical belief system (i.e. Buddhism)
That way you have a cross-cultural perspective in the few options provided. There are some atheists/agnostic on board but not many buddhists (I think, depends on who does your survey) so you may just have to compare a religion which does have a belief in a divine being and one which just doesn't believe in anything at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)