help! timetable crap (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
so i know i've read something on here about picking up our timetable at O-week, and getting ppl there to change it for us - can anyone tell me a bit more about that? i've gone through my o-week mail and cant find anything about it..

its pretty important cos i've been rostered 10-6 at work for wednesday (first day of o -week) and im trying to work out what i should be doing for my timetable.. its heaps important to me to be able to cram it all into as few days as possible, cos i have to work a lot, and will have 2 jobs by uni-time.

ex-students, would it be easier to do this online myself at 10am or in person at the uni?? i'll take the morning off work if this is the case... but i need to give a couple of days notice

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
so i know i've read something on here about picking up our timetable at O-week, and getting ppl there to change it for us - can anyone tell me a bit more about that? i've gone through my o-week mail and cant find anything about it..

its pretty important cos i've been rostered 10-6 at work for wednesday (first day of o -week) and im trying to work out what i should be doing for my timetable.. its heaps important to me to be able to cram it all into as few days as possible, cos i have to work a lot, and will have 2 jobs by uni-time.

ex-students, would it be easier to do this online myself at 10am or in person at the uni?? i'll take the morning off work if this is the case... but i need to give a couple of days notice
You can get it from the student office, and I think you can request that a certain area of your timetable be clear.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not sure if I understand the question, but you can permanently clear say, wednesday, from your timetable, and they will fix the table to accomodate that if it is possible.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
At the time...i would do it in person since everytime i have tried to do it via my uni it wasn't flexible enough for me and they gave me crap times but via in person i was able to get the time table i wanted

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
hahah sorry one more thing - can anyone tell me roughly how long it will take to do all this? like if i get there 10am on the dot....... when should i get out of there??

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
melbournian said:
Online you can block out 2 half days
In person you can block out up to 6 half days (although they let me do 7 last year)

You can see what time you lectures are at timetable.usyd.edu.au
thats so crap, why are they flexible in person but not online???

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
hahah sorry one more thing - can anyone tell me roughly how long it will take to do all this? like if i get there 10am on the dot....... when should i get out of there??
Depends on how long the line is. If the line is ok then about 5-10 minutes if the line is a bitch then up to an hour

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
The o-week line shouldn't be that long (if my memory is correct), but once semester starts you can expect to wait 45mins + cause the line is huge.

And don't bother trying to change your timetable via MyUni, cause it is very inflexible (actually the whole timetable system is) and when I did try it online - I was left with an 6hr gap :eek: .Thankfully I was able to fix my timetable in person.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
thats so crap, why are they flexible in person but not online???
Because in person you can explain your situation better and they may or may not allocate extra days based on that would be my guess.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Question: There are two lecture times listed for each of my units (well, most of my units) do I pick the one I want? or do I have to go to only one?!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Question: There are two lecture times listed for each of my units (well, most of my units) do I pick the one I want? or do I have to go to only one?!
Depends on how many streams there are.

chepas

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
so just to clarify this we do ALL of this at the student office???
Is the student office the one at the bottom of Carslaw?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Arent there a few student centres? Like, one for each faculty or something? or is "student office" a different thing? I only know the arts one ( entrance to guad), eco and bus (front of merewhether building across City Road) and the science one (the one under carslaw that chepas mentioned)? are they even divded into faculties lol Im only guessing

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
To get your timetable during O-week go to the student office (located on the botton floor of carslaw). They only let you print your timetable once and only if you haven't checked it on the net already (they have some way of knowing apparently).

To change timetables during O-Week they usually have designated rooms, where they have set up a row of computers each with a person to help you, on level three of Carlsaw. There will be signs everywhere so just follow them to the rooms and wait in line.

After O-Week, during the first 2 weeks or so each faculty usually has their own rooms where changes to timetables can be made.

In my experience i would recommend printing out your timetable yourself at home or at the Access labls/library, then bringing it in to uni to change during O-Week as it will save you from line up for an up to an hour twice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)