Help / Suggestions Please! =( (1 Viewer)

danieel

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm currently attending Carlingford High School, and I am having some trouble and needing help with my studies. My current subjects are:

-Mathematics
-Extension 1 Maths
-Advanced English
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics

I have a total of 11 units, and I am aiming for a double degree in UTS - Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology which requires an ATAR of 88.05, with me possibly being able to gain 5 extra marks.

However, at school I am having trouble in Physics, Chemistry and a bit of troubles in Economics.

Physics being my weakest subject, I barely have any idea what I'm doing in this topic, what should I do? HSC is just around the corner, trials are coming up, what should I be doing now to catch up? I need a good method to catch up! Please help!

Chemistry I'm not doing the best in, but trying, it's not ALL hard, but I'm slowly trying to catch up as well, how should I approach this and continue it to help me gain my ATAR needed?

Economics, I'm doing okay in, not the best, but 12th in my school, but I really need to keep up with things, how should I also be approaching this?

Both my maths, and english I can work on, so they're not much troubles. But I really need help, and wondering how and what I can do to achieve the ATAR that I need!

Please help!

Much thanks, Daniel.

LookingAtYOU

HSC
Hey Daniel,

Wow, what a surprise I went to Carlo high too! (did the 2011 HSC). :)

I did English, Math (2U), Chemistry, Biology, Music 1.

I know the HSC can be quite daunting as it's already around the corner, but I'll give you some key tips I used for those subjects. (Note that they are by no means perfect by are generally on par).

English - Practice your essays and creative writing REGULARLY. (Don't memorise them - just remember KEY POINTS). Use the 'P' oint-'E' xample-'E' llaborate-'L' ink acronym to structure your paragraphs - works like a charm!

Math - Cover every chapter thoroughly and do as MANY past papers possible. (And be able to do them under exam conditions too!)

Chem and Phys - Cover ALL syllabus dot points in detail and apply knowledge in past papers. (Use HSC online - it's not too bad a source of concise notes)

Economics (didn't do) - Should be pretty much like the above.

Also, if you don't understand (or unsure) of something be sure to your ask teachers as they are usually a good source of help.

All in all, don't stress too much as it can only get you worse. From here just study consistently and look ahead as it's the only thing you can change.

All the best and good luck Daniel!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)