HELP!!!! SOS HISTORY EXT PEEPS (1 Viewer)

historylover96

HSC
Hey what's up my big history queens and kings.

I am about to start my history ext major work. I am interested in doing my topic on something to do with the British royal family or monarchy. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Peace out!

dunnoyeah

HSC
Not a royal buff, but a general rule of thumb is to never do anything that's been covered extensively in academic literature, or stuff that's so ingrained in public conversation that it becomes cliche (ie. in your case, anything to do with Princess Diana, or for that matter most of the living royals right now)

Ideally, it should be a topic that still has some academic sources, or that historians have written about (so something like "assess the different historical interpretations of Charles II's uncle's dog" wouldn't really work). Maybe something in the last millenium? An easy one would be assessing different interpretations of a certain royal (not cliche ones like Henry VIII), like Charles I or II, or John (Magna Carta dude) might be interesting. Or different interpretations of a controversial event (like a certain period/ battle in the War of Roses?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)