help, Precis Map???? (1 Viewer)

Dammit

A syllabus point is: constructing a precis map from an aerial photo or satellite image to describe
spatial patterns of overland flow

Can someone explain what a precis map is and how to construct one? I have no idea about this point. Thanks

minidave

HSC
N/A
A precis map is simply just like a sketch of an area, highlighting the main features, eg. a river

malkin86

HSC
I thought it was like a map that shows one specific trait by shading.. eg. number of dogs in neighbourhood

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
a precis map is drawn to help identify the major features on a topographic map and to show clearly the patterns they form. Each precis map should show one feature only, with several precis maps being used to compare and contrast different features found on the topographic map

Mendo

HSC
Isn't a precis map one that shows and area of land with features highlighted using a particular colour or symbol etc
Like world population maps showing most populated to least populated by colour -dark to light- ?

Timmay

HSC
malkin86: I thought it was like a map that shows one specific trait by shading.. eg. number of dogs in neighbourhood

thats a choropleth map

precis map is the opposite of precise... quick sketch map that only shows the major features

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)