Help- potential assesment task (1 Viewer)

loki911

HSC
I was just wondering about what a potential assesment task can be for this topic even though it is not due for a while. I just want to know what i am up for :rolleyes:. Any help is much appreciated.

Loki911

loki911

HSC
I meant as in for an assignment and what could it be? as in question what could it ask you?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
It could be on genetic engineering and all the reprocussions of that. Teachers love all that stuff

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Well for my next assessment task we have to construct
MEIOSIS. using home made resources like cardboard.
Past years have done DNA AND RNA.

loki911

HSC
Lodgic said:
Might be collaboration and how that lead to the discovery of DNA - usually worth 5 marks for such a question.

Evolution and Evidence for it - e.g. biochemistry, pentadactyl limb (similar foelimbs), etc.

Could be to draw a DNA, with the right nulceotides bonded, etc.

Best way to prepare would be to study everything in the topic ;)
Thanks for that Lodgic that was exactly what i was looking for cheers. Also thanks everyone else who tired to help much appreciated :D

lpayne

HSC
major help

i need major help for my assignment ''identify 2 ethical issues arising from the development and use of transgenic species'' im so confuzed.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
Re: major help

lpayne said:
i need major help for my assignment ''identify 2 ethical issues arising from the development and use of transgenic species'' im so confuzed.
-well it disrupts the natural evolution of life, we are tampering with nature in other words
-transgenic species destroys biodiversity, creates risks for further extinctions, and this is harmful to our environment

humans are evil lol

beentherdunthat

HSC
Re: major help

lpayne said:
Ethical Issues of Transgenesis:
§ These technologies help treat diseases and increase food production
§ Should we be tampering with nature in this way?
§ Is it right to change living organisms for commercial gain?
§ Transgenesis disrupts evolutionary relationships between organisms
§ If a transgenic species was released into the natural environment, it could out-compete the natural organisms
§ Health-risks and side effects with eating GM foods.
... From notes [Refer to bio resources...]

and also at one point they made a sleeping pill that had been manufactured through growing genetically modified bacteria, and this pill after it had been released killed almost 50 people before it was taken off the shelf.

In addition, some cows have been made to produce more milk, but they get a disease in their nipples. Should cows be made to suffer just because of our need to gain greater profit?

[lol ... i would tell you more, but i forgot the full details...its been 2 years :(]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)