Help ples (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
K so I just got accepted into a postgrad course at RMIT in Melbourne and I have to enrol or defer within 10 business days (which I wasn't expecting!).

This whole thing excites and scares the shit out of me at the same time. :cold:

The only people I know in Melbourne are my brother and his fiancé.

Opinions of Melbourne/RMIT/me moving away from my family, friends and hometown etc. please.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I've decided to defer :eek: *coward*
Hopefully I get accepted to UNE for this 1yr course I wanna do, so then I could go to Melbourne afterwards if I want to and have time to think about it. I don't have any skillz though, there's no way I can support myself in Melb and study yet.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
em_516 said:
I've decided to defer :eek: *coward*
Hopefully I get accepted to UNE for this 1yr course I wanna do, so then I could go to Melbourne afterwards if I want to and have time to think about it. I don't have any skillz though, there's no way I can support myself in Melb and study yet.
Yeah good choice.

Besides, by end of next year we'll be heading to Mexico too, so you can chill with us and gf's sister.

Plus, Chris is weighing up the idea of doing business school at RMIT, only a maybe atm though.

Em, i'm totally interested in finding out how your application process went. Based purely off your uni results etc? What course?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Yeah good choice.

Besides, by end of next year we'll be heading to Mexico too, so you can chill with us and gf's sister.

Plus, Chris is weighing up the idea of doing business school at RMIT, only a maybe atm though.

Em, i'm totally interested in finding out how your application process went. Based purely off your uni results etc? What course?
Is this Chris? Or Corinne? Coz umm..nice third person usage there :p

Application was easy (though huge! Squashed 12 or so pages into an envelope). I printed out the application (direct app, you don't go through VTAC or anything), filled it in, pretty straightforward. Then I included a certified copy of my transcript and because I was doing subjects with UNE and my transcript looked like I wasn't doing any subjects last sem, I included my letter of acceptance from Newcastle that they would credit my UNE subjects over and a letter from UNE saying the subjects I was doing. I dunno if I had to do that but I just wanted everything to be clear.

I can't remember what else? Pretty sure that was it. The application says everything though. You get like 4 really tiny lines on the application to explain why you want to go there so there's obviously not too much weighting put on that aspect haha. Oh and you can put some employment shit in if you want and it's relevant but I didn't.

I wouldn't worry about not getting in though. I don't even think I needed particular grades (though I do have a credit average which is most common). It's just the fact you have a degree pretty much I'm sure. My family keep congratulating me and shit and I'm like "Uh, maybe for finishing my degree, sure" haha.

I got an acceptance letter to UNE yesty too for Grad Dip in Urban and Regional Planning. I'm dying for the GIS one though. Hopefully that comes today, or very soon!

Bahah Matt, we don't even hang, but cute :p

Edit: Oh, and it was a Grad Dip in Environment and Planning (though basically just Planning since it comes in two streams).

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Is this Chris? Or Corinne? Coz umm..nice third person usage there :p

Application was easy (though huge! Squashed 12 or so pages into an envelope). I printed out the application (direct app, you don't go through VTAC or anything), filled it in, pretty straightforward. Then I included a certified copy of my transcript and because I was doing subjects with UNE and my transcript looked like I wasn't doing any subjects last sem, I included my letter of acceptance from Newcastle that they would credit my UNE subjects over and a letter from UNE saying the subjects I was doing. I dunno if I had to do that but I just wanted everything to be clear.

I can't remember what else? Pretty sure that was it. The application says everything though. You get like 4 really tiny lines on the application to explain why you want to go there so there's obviously not too much weighting put on that aspect haha. Oh and you can put some employment shit in if you want and it's relevant but I didn't.

I wouldn't worry about not getting in though. I don't even think I needed particular grades (though I do have a credit average which is most common). It's just the fact you have a degree pretty much I'm sure. My family keep congratulating me and shit and I'm like "Uh, maybe for finishing my degree, sure" haha.

I got an acceptance letter to UNE yesty too for Grad Dip in Urban and Regional Planning. I'm dying for the GIS one though. Hopefully that comes today, or very soon!

Bahah Matt, we don't even hang, but cute :p

Edit: Oh, and it was a Grad Dip in Environment and Planning (though basically just Planning since it comes in two streams).
Yeah, it's Chris. :snowman:

Lol I didn't know that they asked you why you want to study there, but i'll just say that i'm moving to Melbourne for work and for [insert program name here] it was this uni was the most popular choice for me yada yada yada.

Have you got the 09 copy of VTAC?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Nah man, I didn't do it through VTAC. It was just a direct app. Probably is for you too. What are you looking at?

Haha man, do not stress over the part where they ask you why you want to study there. I think I fit like two sentences, and it was like 'I want to do planning because I've learnt a little about it in the past and want to gain more specific skills'. I think it was something like that anyway. Either way it was bullshit and meh. There's not enough room to write a life story and the thrill of moving to Melbourne :p

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Nah man, I didn't do it through VTAC. It was just a direct app. Probably is for you too. What are you looking at?

Haha man, do not stress over the part where they ask you why you want to study there. I think I fit like two sentences, and it was like 'I want to do planning because I've learnt a little about it in the past and want to gain more specific skills'. I think it was something like that anyway. Either way it was bullshit and meh. There's not enough room to write a life story and the thrill of moving to Melbourne :p
Ah, true.

Not 100% sure on what I want to do yet (obviously Finance related). Just depends if I don't get a grad job, with the banks cutting back jobs now, they probably wont pick up again until the 2010/11 intakes, so i'm looking to add something in that time if i'm not in a job.

Yeah, i'm not worried about the question, i'll just use whatever space is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)