Help please (1 Viewer)

AngelSG86

I was wondering if someone could help me decipher exactly what my course entails? I was reading the course outline thingy and it said something about open electives. What is an open elective and what do I have to choose from? Oh and my course is a Bachelor of Science (Psychology). Thanks.

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
basically you can have a look at any course and pick minor units that you'd like to do. say for example you wanted to do some sort of law unit, you'd go through the course outlines and find B Laws, then click on that and the units there have clickable numbers next to them. you can choose as many as your course allows (mine is 12 elective units for B Forensics). i'm pretty sure this is what you can do, though im not exactly sure how to choose/apply for it yet.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hey,
From memory your course has 33 credit points of electives.

Generally you will pick ANY major in the university, which will generally take up to 24 credit points. The other credit points (i.e subjects) can be made up of ANY SUBJECTS in the entire university. Just make sure though that NO MORE than 30 credit points are LEVEL 1. You can check this in the university course webpage, they will say what level the subject is e.g. 1,2,3

It is a good idea to map out your degree before you enrol so you dont get stuck. Also some majors may require you to complete some subjects before you do the major e.g. some major may require you to have statistics before you do it, so you can use your free electives for this purpose.

From my knowledge, this course has the most electives in any course in the university - so you have lots of freedom!!

Cheers,Casey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)