help Please!!! (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Im having problems atm

My borwsers (Mozilla and Internet Explorer) keep stopping after about 15 mins

It comes up with the whole "cant download this page" "are you connected to the internet" page.....

I am on the internet because Skype, MSN etc all work - its just the browsers that dont.

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it!?!?!?

Thanks!!! :) :D

greentsquare

HSC
u sure ur Skype and MSN are still working? as in you were able to send messages still? that's quite strange

u might want to try powercycling your modem and if you're in a wired network, your router as well. just turn these off, wait a few seconds, then turn them on again. wait for a bit, then try connecting to the Internet again

if that doesn't work, you might have to just reboot your computer

if that still doesn't work, you might have a problem with the DNS or something; that is, if your computer is part of a network (is it?)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Try updating to the latest version of mozilla firefox and/or internet explorer.

greekgun

HSC
I had a similar problem where my internet was working for like 2 mins then stopped. Eventually i figured out that AVG was blocking my internet. Try exiting your antivirus software or watever firewall u have (and i mean get out of it completely so its not running) and see if the ur internet works for u then. If it does, that means ur antivirus software are blocking ur internet ports and u just have to toggle around with the settings.

or try sytem restore to a time where it was working. But if that doesnt work i got no idea, u could also try uninstalling u browsers and then installing again.

Peartie

HSC
u sure ur Skype and MSN are still working? as in you were able to send messages still? yes

u might want to try powercycling your modem and if you're in a wired network, your router as well. just turn these off, wait a few seconds, then turn them on again. wait for a bit, then try connecting to the Internet again will try

if that doesn't work, you might have to just reboot your computer thats what ive been doing

if that still doesn't work, you might have a problem with the DNS or something; that is, if your computer is part of a network (is it?)yes im on the student accomodation network
Try updating to the latest version of mozilla firefox and/or internet explorer.will try thanks
I had a similar problem where my internet was working for like 2 mins then stopped. Eventually i figured out that AVG was blocking my internet. Try exiting your antivirus software or watever firewall u have (and i mean get out of it completely so its not running) and see if the ur internet works for u then. If it does, that means ur antivirus software are blocking ur internet ports and u just have to toggle around with the settings. ok cool, ill try that as well

or try sytem restore to a time where it was working. But if that doesnt work i got no idea, u could also try uninstalling u browsers and then installing again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)