• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help Please (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
Oh man, i missed my Ancient Hsitory today, i thought it was on Thursday, what should i do, and what happens in this situations, i can't bleive my favoruite subject and i miss out, no, i have no idea why, but i thought it was on Thurday, anyone know what happens, it's worth 15%, will I get 0, or what, damn i am stuffed.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
well you will get 0 unless you lie and get a doctors certificate and fill in an illness/misadventure form :p

how do you just "forget" about an exam......don't you have a timetable to look at ?

boris2003

HSC
If the impact is 1.5% that's excellent, but i am kind of ashamed, because, from year 11, i was coming first in my class, and now i will probably be last, or somewhere close to that. I cannot lie and get a doctors certificate, because i was not sick, i had forgotten about the test and besides that, i do not know why i forgot, on all my other exams, by the way i do have a timetable, on all my other exams i wrote the date and the day i had it on, for history i just wrote that it was on the 11th and did not put what day it was, this ws 2 weeks ago, but i forgot what date it was and thought the test ws on thursday, instead of it being on tuesday, i cannot believe, it's like a giant wall crumbled on top of me, i have no will to continue anymore, the only subject that mattered to me was History, nothing else, don't know what to do.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Best to contact the school, telling them what happened and then decided what can happen next. But mostly in this case will be award with a 0....sorry, but talk to the school first there *MIGHT* be hope however *slim*.

At least from this you will never forget when an exam is, better now then the HSC!

P

pLuvia

boris2003 said:
Oh man, i missed my Ancient Hsitory today, i thought it was on Thursday, what should i do, and what happens in this situations, i can't bleive my favoruite subject and i miss out, no, i have no idea why, but i thought it was on Thurday, anyone know what happens, it's worth 15%, will I get 0, or what, damn i am stuffed.
Did you immediately call the school? If not probably a 0 sorry. Unless you can get a doctor's certificate and just lie that you were sick :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah, i dont mean to sound pessimistic here, but i dont like your chances of escaping a zero without a medical certificate. unless you think the school can be persuaded to be lenient and give you an estimated mark or something. but dont get too depressed over it, theres always room to catch up from here if you work really hard, who knows, you might be able to still scrape that first again.

sonia.s

HSC
heyy boris i feel real sorry for you. your chances don't look very good.
in my school, if you miss an assessment, you lose 30% the first day and get a zero on the second day - so you're still able to do it the next day after the exam but you won't be able to get anything above 70%.
im not sure if that rule applies to exams though or if its just for other assessments.

beckywecky

HSC
I can totally relate to your situation, although I have never actually missed an exam because I forgot. I have, however, been sick during exam time and have thus missed out on doing an exam. I think that one exam I didn't notify the school that I was sick, but when I provided substantial evidence (i.e. doctors certificate) I was a - okay.

I think that your best bet in such a situation is to go to the doctor tomorrow and tell them that you've been feeling really sick (usually if you say you've been sick in the stomach you'll be convincing, lol) and, whilst that may result in missing another exam, it will stop you from getting zero and you can easily schedule them for another time before the holidays start. What do you think? When it comes to the HSC, many are not sympathetic towards silly mistakes like not realising an exam is on, and are thus likely to give you zero.

So start feeling sick :p

boris2003

HSC
No, I did not lie, i went to the school and told the principal what happened, and he said it is a 0, and told me that i have to do my exam although i got 0, i did it, had 2 hours, did it in an 1, it was so easy that i hate myself now, i can bet that i got 90%+, ah well, no matter it's still a zero, but at least i learned my lesson now, my teacher could not believe it when i told her why i did not do it. All in all, there has been one good thing that came out of this, which is that exam was worth 10% and not 15%. Thanks for the support, i appreciate it alot.
Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)