HELP PLEASE! -urban dynamics (1 Viewer)

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Er I haven't even looked at my urban notes - but I think that's the areas that are generally disadvantaged in terms like wealth as opposed to areas that are generally advantaged, like the richer areas - eg the north shore - suburbs like Mosmon are considered wealthy and more 'advantaged', while the western suburbs not so. Therefore the spatial pattern of advantage in Sydney is determined by wealth and could be considered mainly to the north and in the CBD? (I'm taking a guess here btw)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Yea basically as said, where do rich people live and where do the not so well off people live, and "why". You can somewhat link it also to the nature of a world city, being more of an "upper class" area with it's high end prices etc, especially if you're doing Sydney there's a load of waterfront suburbs you could talk about, mainly to the north. Generally people that are "poor" are those that are single parents, or just plain jobless, and they are usually located towards the south-westish in government housing areas. That's just a really brief run over, you'll need a whole set of notes on this, I'm sure the resources on the main page have some good notes you could check up on. I believe this point also interlinks with spatial patterns of ethnicity, etc (which you would all include in an essay - migrants also tend to cluster in poorer areas when they first come over as they usually have little money etc). Educational levels and employment level also tend to have a pattern, generally higher educational level = better job = live in "better" suburb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)