help please uni course (1 Viewer)

georgemichael

HSC
hey guys so i finished this year like most i did reallly bad :( i got atar of 59.00!! and i reallly want to get into uws business and commerce at parramatta which is 65.00 so even with 5 bonus marks im on 64
is there anyway to get into my course??

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Yes, there is.
First question I would ask you is are you eligible for the 5 bonus points? If youre only 1 off the cut-off, perhaps contacting the university or the faculty would be best. Sometimes they do make exceptions if they are 1-2 points off the cut-off.
Another way of entering UWS would be through UWS college. Basically you study at the college for a required amount of time (i think it is 1 year, not sure) and after successful completion of those units, you are provided with a guaranteed spot into your desired university course. Also, you may be exempt from repeating the UWS B Business units also so its a win win situation.

Info day will be held next thursday (so 3rd of January), I'll be there assisting. If you need any more help or advice, you could PM me if you like, and definitely recommend coming to the Info day!

Best of luck for 2013! :)

georgemichael

HSC
yes i checked i am eligible for the 5 atar bonus marks! I really don't want to be going to college, do you have the number i have to ring to find out more information?

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
don't need to ring, you will get in.

My friend got into uws with 50 atar

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
If you are interested in putting the UWSCollege Diploma of Business and Commerce as one of your nine preferences you will find they are listed as UWS courses on the UAC website

The UAC code for the Diploma of Business and Commerce at Nirimba (Blacktown) is 729500 and the UAC code for the Diploma of Business and Commerce at Westmead is 729505.

Information about the diplomas which are equivalent to first year of university can be found at http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/course/international/diplomas

So if you don't make it into UWS you can do the first year at UWSCollege and then continue onto 2nd year university at UWS.

http://www.uwscollege.edu.au/

If you think you may not make it into UWS you should consider putting down the alternative as a backup. Change your preferences to include the Diploma by midnight on Fri 4 Jan for consideration in the Main Round
You can check last year's ATARs. To find the diploma courses scroll down.

http://www4.uac.edu.au/wap/ug13.asp...university=University+of+Western+Sydney&uais=

Last edited:

lavacake

HSC
dude don't even worry - by the second or third round they'll definitely let you into the course you want. Take my friend for example - got a shittier ATAR than you of 57.16 (loloololo we both didnt try) and man they offered her an early offer to get into any course she wanted to be in within this ATAR category of whatever. Shes just been accepted into a 78 ATAR course, which is Nursing by the way - She literally skipped 21 points! Don't sweat :) it's UWS, they're not picky :p

Last edited:

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
hey guys so i finished this year like most i did reallly bad :( i got atar of 59.00!! and i reallly want to get into uws business and commerce at parramatta which is 65.00 so even with 5 bonus marks im on 64
is there anyway to get into my course??
Hi, For information on admission into the Bachelor of Business and Commerce with your ATAR, please contact us on 1300 897 669 or on study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, Team U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)