help please.. fire theme (1 Viewer)

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
heya... my BOW is a sympathetic look into the way that a bushfire affects everyone in the community (firefighters, residents, land, livestock etc)

im looking for a few more influncing artists...
ive used tim storrier for his use of fire etc... but can anyone think ( off the top of their heads!!) of another influencing artist... maybe someone who does sympathetic things...

im kinda at a sumbling block....

thankyou

princess
xox

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ummm... not too sure. but chris drury, a british land artist, did some work involving fire in the landscape/nature, that might be something worth looking at... i'll add to this if i think of anything else...

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
george gittoes maybe? (i think its george...) his artworks empathise/sympathise for civil issues, recently the war on iraq.

ummm...cant think of anyone else right now!

tash

lalalala
HSC
there's a girl in my class who's doing practically the same thing but i don't like her too much so i don't know anything about her work. erm can't think of anyone off the top of my head soory

HSC
hmm someone in my class is also doing the theme of bushfires...and its its impact on both the individual and the community...everything is simply a variant on something else...
Who actually has an original idea for their major work?

tash

lalalala
HSC
i tried to make mine as original as possible both in idea and technique. i'm sure there are others doing something somewhat similar but hey, i bet they didn't use the same technique!it has to do with music and how the listener creates an image to what they hear. anyone heard anything similar?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
similar

there a girl in my class looking at the life cycle of music and how it depends on listener tastes at the time.... kinda similar but her technique leaves a lot to be desired

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
her painting style is very childish. theres not a lot of maturity about it.. so while her theme is really clever her VAPD is gunna have to do a lot of the talking because her artwork doesnt do her theme a lot of justice
just my thoughts anyways.. and a lot of people in the class have said similar things.

DC10

there might be some photographs of bush fire victims on mags etc.
Those might be useful i guess, as well as some black and white photos of the rural areas

clairethebear

I don't know if it's any help, but maybe you could look at artists who have a bush theme in their artworks......I don't have any examples, but bushfires generally effect the bush and wildlife as well as people so perhaps that could be something to look at. Have a look at some of your art textbooks if you haven't already done so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)