HELP PLEASE (all art people) (1 Viewer)

Yoonie

hi guys im in yr 12, final year YAY! and im studyin art and iv got an idea for my Body of Work and everything is all good...BUT~ i dont hav a concept...
my idea is...im using "post-it" notes and covering a WHOLE room...yes a whole room with post-it notes....iim just having trouble with a concept for my work...so if all u arty-farty people can help me out that'll great! get bak to me asap....thanks!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Ok I dropped art this year in yr12 but i have been topping it since yr 9...
anyway,
hmmm have you posted this idea before?
Cos I'm pretty sure that I've heard bout this idea last year or not.
Still thinking of doing it? Have you talked to your teacher about it?

If you are, what are you gonig to do about them? Just 4 empty walls filled with post it notes?
It's a great idea as post it notes are like your little canvas...
Give us more ideas.
:)

soso

HSC
N/A
Look at it through the syllabus

What is its dominant frame? You could pun on the idea of it being post modern. Play around with the words. you could cover the actual postit notes with postmodern jargon. What ideas or existing power structures or art concepts does it challenge.

Does it have any cultural, structural or subjective frame connotations?

WHose work influences you?

Answer some of these questions and it should launch you in some direction.

I would contact 3M and ask them to donate to your cause

Yoonie

i have already asked 3M and they have sent me a BOX of post-it notes....
i have some up with a concept....the room will represent the "brain" and u know how the brain has two parts and they hav different functions (like the left side is the logical side and the right is the creative side) and depening on which side there are gonna b questions on the post-it notes regarding that topic....the people/person will come into the room, grab a post-it note and sit in front of the camera and answer the question....
hmmmm im not very good at explaining things as u can tell...but yeh do u get the idea?

soso

HSC
N/A
Sounds original. Remener this exam is not about art but about the syllabus requirements. This means you need to answer the questions in my previous post to be sure of a good result at marking

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Yoonie said:
hi guys im in yr 12, final year YAY! and im studyin art and iv got an idea for my Body of Work and everything is all good...BUT~ i dont hav a concept...
my idea is...im using "post-it" notes and covering a WHOLE room...yes a whole room with post-it notes....iim just having trouble with a concept for my work...so if all u arty-farty people can help me out that'll great! get bak to me asap....thanks!
hey great idea. I do art and my teacher wanted to do a similar idea but with feathers. don't mean to rain on your parade but how would you get a room? isn't there size requirements or is it different for an instalation work?

I hope you put heaps of writing on it like old schedules and past homework, it could reflect hpw hard the HSC has been, or better yet, ask yopur friends to write one word on each post it about teh HSC, school or how one word sums them up. or you know the old game how you make a story with a group of friends using one word at a time?

if you cant use a whole room I suppose you could use masonite or ask special permission to find an old blackboard that the school has hidden away . I hope this helps you. reply back if u need more help... I LOVE art!!!

P.S That's a serioulsy cool idea.

Yoonie

thanks

hey guys....thanks for ur posts...yeh im using a room at school...and its getting marked as a "documented form", yes because its too big for me to send for the markers...
well i hav a concept...which i think is strong...but thanx for ur help....
if u hav any other idea i can incorporate in the artwork...please post the ideas here! thanx to all...

gloomy

moo
HSC
hmm, a concept eh? perhaps like the interior of your brain. all these little notes stuck up in the inside of your head to remind you of things.
:p just an idea

winicat

HSC
are they all just gonna be the yellow ones or are you going to make each side of the brain a different colour? will you look at the different areas of the brain?

as above, you need to make sure it fits the syllabus requirements.

it would be very intense to see it in real life!!!

what are you writing/drawing on the post-its? .. i'm pretty impressed 3M donated them!

fugazi

HSC
I'm a fan of Gloomy's idea.
The different thoughts swirling around your head, consuming you. What would be written on the notes?

But... one thing; I'm not too sure about this, isn't there a size limit for Body of Works? I could be wrong. Just check up on it, I wouldn't want you to not get a mark despite your efforts.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
we were told that you don't need a concept - you can just do it because you want to.... but you must have had an idea that made you decide to wallpaper a room with post it notes :)

wannapass

HSC
wow i reckon thats such a cool idea, and i love the concept you came up with, im in year 11 and do art and i had no idea the hsc artworks had to be of such a high standard, like, am i goin to have to do something this extream next year? what exactly are the requirments of your major work? i thought you had to have diarys and stuff tracking all your ideas and concepts am i on the right track here? because im after a good uai (i wanna do high school teaching) but i dont think the subjects i chose are gunna get me a good enuff one, and i'd have to do really well in all of them to come close did anyone do modern, general maths, advanced english, t&d, art and drama and get a good uai? i just wanna make my dad proud and im scared of failing...

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
You could go down the 'teen drama' line by calling your artwork "Remind me Later" or something, it could be a concept based around memory as well...like Alzheimers!

Bonna

Andoria
HSC
HOW FREAKING BULLSHIT THE HSC IS!
You need a UAI of 94 I think it was fopr medecine at UTS and a 96 I think for fachon deisign at newcastle.. u might as well be doing Chem and bio to become an artist of somekind..

(exucuse the spelling)

hipPo3

HSC
Bonna said:
HOW FREAKING BULLSHIT THE HSC IS!
You need a UAI of 94 I think it was fopr medecine at UTS and a 96 I think for fachon deisign at newcastle.. u might as well be doing Chem and bio to become an artist of somekind..

(exucuse the spelling)
thats a tad bit off topic Bonna .. Yoonie, id sugest u think of answering these Q's
1. Why did u choose post-it notes ?
2. Why are u covering a room ?
3. If u werent the artist .. what would ur first impretions be if u saw something like that ?
4. Does it have any meaning ?
5. What are ur influences ?

they are just some of the things that might help u get a concept. Most art poeple i know have already forgotten their concept throughout thier process .. like me :D
but for me .. i really dont care about my concept anymore, i just want to finish it.

And Bonna .. theres a reason why uni's put thier subjects so high, its not how smart u need to be or anything, its demand vs supply. Besides .. the HSC doenst measure ur intelligence or anything, like every test it measures ur memory and ability to make sense under pressure :D

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
yeah, that's the kinda annoying thing about art - you gotta back up what you're doing. You can't just paint a picture because you feel like it. gotta look at your emotions and mentality etc when you do art. Bit it's all worth it when ya got a good looking picture though.

pmg

HSC
just quickly, what is the actual size requirement? i can not find out anywherreee!!

jirwin

HSC
its in the syllabus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its like no work can be more then 2m squared and when set up ur entire project cant be more then 6m squared... something like that anyway

HSC
duckofdoom said:
how would you get a room? isn't there size requirements or is it different for an instalation work?
for installations they require you to document the work, eg taking pictures of the final product etc. the size restrictions plus the fact that the markers cant exactly travel all the way to a random room all the way whoop whoop (unless it is part of the school and they go there rather than the students works being sent to them) mean that unless the work itself is within the immediate vicinity of the markers and small enough, the artist would lose marks.
so yeah.
in short.
they want you to document it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)