• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help...pip Gone Down The Drain! (1 Viewer)

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
hey
im so lost with this pip! for starters i dont even understand 99% of it! i am the worst at writing and im lost with the topic i dont know weather to choose maori culture and rituals or the south african... neilson mandella go... before december i was doing the kiwi topic cause i was really interested in it and wanted to know more but then i traveled to south africa and nz in one go for a month i lurnt about the south african ways and all and then i went to nz and lurnt all i need to know... like now i know mostly about it i dont see why i should spent 9 months going a assiment on it i think i will just get bored... so mayby South Frica is the way to go plus i have had first hand experance and so on... if anyone can help me here please get back to me... or if anyone has any recources tell us...

thanks a bunch

Jana

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Nullachick said:
hey
im so lost with this pip! for starters i dont even understand 99% of it! i am the worst at writing and im lost with the topic i dont know weather to choose maori culture and rituals or the south african... neilson mandella go... before december i was doing the kiwi topic cause i was really interested in it and wanted to know more but then i traveled to south africa and nz in one go for a month i lurnt about the south african ways and all and then i went to nz and lurnt all i need to know... like now i know mostly about it i dont see why i should spent 9 months going a assiment on it i think i will just get bored... so mayby South Frica is the way to go plus i have had first hand experance and so on... if anyone can help me here please get back to me... or if anyone has any recources tell us...

thanks a bunch

Jana
Hi Nullachick, you cannot just choose a culture and start writing a whole 10 000 + words on it. You need a focus question. What is it you want to find out about this culture? How is your first-hand experience going to help you? How is it related to Society and Culture?

Look for specific traits of the country/culture that you like the most. And formulate a question that you want to research for, for the next few months. Is it the ethncity? the ritual? Thw worldviews or ideologies that are different to your own, and hence enabling you to draw on your cross cultural perspective in your PIP.

I hope this will get you started. Good luck.

Survivor39

Nullachick

HSC
N/A
yeah i understand what u mean when u say "you canrt just pick a culture" i ment like the apartide in south africa and what i lurnt when i was over there... for example for the after apartide the rule over there in waterpolo is that you have to have a black in evey South African national team...
i feel sorry for my mum cause she have bourght over 200 bucks worth of maori books and i changed my mind... i was interested in the rituals they do over there and the new rule that is coming in about they are not letting blacks be in the haka at the rugby and now they are not aloud to do it at the waterpolo...
and how people arnt maori yet still get the moko (tatoo)... eg robbie williams
i just dont have a question yet i have a bunch of answers and recources but i need a question...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Well the starting point for you is obvious. It would be worthwhile to examine how change (notice keyword) occurs for the Blacks in South Africa, and the Aboriginals in Australia for example, and the coming of age that has lead us to this society today. Remember this is not just a history project where you research a whole lot of secondary information. It is a dynamic task where you, as a researcher, is required to gather primary information. So you must say to yourself: "what can I personally find out something new about my topic?". Go and utilise appropriate methodologies to find out things like: (to Black people) Do you feel black people have come a long way or do you feel that there is still significant discrimination evident?", Ask innovative questions such as "If you could be any black leader, who would you be and why? (probable answers are Neilson Mandela, Steve Biko, Martin Luther King..." And Why? This will help you reflect on the worldviews and ideologies of the black communities and more importantly, what can we do, as a Society and Culture student and the future of Australia, about the issues raised in your PIP.

Of course that was just my suggestion. But please utilise your resourceful answers!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)