Help on Major Work - Napoleon/Waterloo (1 Viewer)

Marat

HSC
Hi I'm about to write my MW proposal and i was wondering if anyone could help out with a topic. I am interested and well informed on Waterloo and Napoleon but i can't figure out an angle.
I would most appreciate it if you could share with me the angle you explored.
Thankyou.

Dave2007

HSC
I think Napoleon is a topic people can do for their case study in extension history, so you may not be able to do it. However it probably wouldn't be a problem if you got specific enough...

Either way I'd get advice from a teacher before going in that direction.

el gwapo

HSC
Great topic! I would know, I'm doing it lol :D Um... well it'd be good for you to come on with something yourself but here's some of my ideas.

-Investigate Napoleon's health during Waterloo. Critical in the defeat? Was he really sick?
-Analyze Napoleon's decisions during and before the battle e.g. Ney as a Marshal of France? Grouchy chasing the Prussians? Try and look at different sources, and spefically not only English-based.

Here's my proposal from it, which I handed recently, not just got back 4.5/5 from it. so not too bad :) Tell me what you think of it.

Libo

HSC
Hey umm im doing Napoleon's invasion of russia in 1812 but im confused do i chose one event or my teacher keeps say i should do just the whole assessment on how Napoleon losers. so could some one please help

el gwapo

HSC
The whole invasion of 1812 is too big. Perhaps you can discuss whether it was an inevitable failure or not? or whether it brought about napoleon's downfall or was it other factors e.g. Wellesley and the Peninsular campaign... Leipzig.. etc. But come to think about it those suggestions remain vast.

Libo

HSC
Sorry for the late reply i have now figured out what i am doing but thnx anyway. i m pretty much basing my assesment on the: Focus Question
Why did Napoleon Bonaparte decide to quit Moscow on October 19th 1812?
and the
Enquiry Questions
These questions are to assist me in solving the focus question and are involved in the process through out the project.
-Where some of the allied forces forced to join with Napoleon?
-Were lines of communication were being threatened?
-Was Napoleon’s Grande armee exhausted and short of supplies and shelter? -How were the weather conditions? (Eg blizzard)
-How were the great fires in Moscow started?
-Was Napoleons army likely to mutiny?

X

xeuyrawp

Libo said:
Why did Napoleon Bonaparte decide to quit Moscow on October 19th 1812?
You should really be careful of your language in a subject like history extension.

He didn't 'quit' Moscow, he retreated from it...

el gwapo

HSC
Well the question is not of big concern; I changed the wording of my question numerous times. This is inevitable as you delve deeper into the topic and discover how big it really is, and so you decide to narrow it down and the focus changes; so will the question

By the way I'm interested as to why your project is starting so late in the year.

Libo

HSC
lol sory about the real late reply jus to say i aced the task thnx guys for ur help

X

xeuyrawp

Libo said:
lol sory about the real late reply jus to say i aced the task thnx guys for ur help
Thanks for coming back! :)

I hope it all worked out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)