• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help on essay question regarding Spartan education (1 Viewer)

Crackle

HSC

First of all, hey all watsup? Im new, as u can tell. I signed up to hopefully get some help for my HSC year and expand my learning.

Anyways, my essay question is, "Describe the education of boys and girls in Sparta. How well did this prepare them for their future lives?"

Any help such as info, resources, direction and especially some historians opinions would be great.

ThX in advance

sweetn1kk1

HSC
Lanalor said:
I have one word for you! AGOGE

LMAO...hahaha....

i really wish i got an easy task like that, how couldn't u know that...has someone been sleeping in class

moekalsoon

moekalsoon
HSC
although this is an EASY question i will nether the less help u.

you should set out ur essay in a progressive timeline form, in other words from when they are children to mature age citizens,
you should speak about the boys education then the girls as there is much to say in reagrds to the boys and little is to be said about the girls educatuion.
use quotes from plutarch and state any bias in references to THUC due to historical conflict. be sure to include a description of their intensive training and their lifestyle and life at the barracks, be sure to include the ability to marry at the age of 19/20 and seeing their wives in secrecy., be sure to iunclude a referne to discipline and at what age the spartiate becaomes acitizen (30) and put in anything else u would think would be useful.

it prepared them for a future in the army , it prepared them to become elite soliders and withstand pain and handle hardship. it taught the discipline of war and determination.
for women it was so hat they can grow up to have healthy babies.
etc...

do this and u would :ninja: the exam question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)