help needed for Leunig Cartoon (1 Viewer)

barbie_doll

HSC
Hay Everyone i am ineed of help, i am trying to find a cartoon by Michael Leunig. i am not sure what the title is, or if infact it has a title, but the first line of the cartoon is :

"The journey between waking up in the morning..."

If you have it could you please posted it or send it to me at blonde_barbie_doll23@hotmail.com

thanks all for your help in advance

barbie_doll

HSC
Hay again everyone... the text for the cartoon is as follows, sorry i didn't put it in my first post... anyone who has a copy or knows where to find it, please let me know! THANKS.

The journey between waking up in the morning and the first cup of tea is precarious and immensely sad. It requires courage.

The journey from the first cup of tea to the first encounter with the dog is full of hope and pleasure.

The journey from the dog to the desk is diffcult, serious and erratic.

The journey from the desk to the first daydream is pleasant winding and mysterious.

The journey from the daydream back to the desk is bleak, uncomfortable and dispiriting yet heroic all the same.

And so the various journeys continue hundreds of them, until the great circumnavigation reaches its finale: the glorious, triumphant journey between the feet leaving the floor and the head arriving on the pillow.

Last edited:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i just check my calendar for it and there hasnt been on that you have described so sorry dear.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
oh, i dont know whether i should say this or not. i have the cartoon that u mean - but i cant give it 2 u *apologetic* our scanner's stuffed up (i swear i didnt knock it of the desk - i just looked at it and it stopped working...) and ive only got a hard copy! im so sorry!

however, i was looking for a leunig cartoononce before - i just did a general net search, there were heaps of sites with archives of leunig cartoons available - have u searched any of these?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
hey guys,

i have the cartoon, i tried to post it, but it wouldn't let me cos its too big.

if anyone wants it please PM me and i'll e-mail it to you. Its about 1 MB so make sure you have the space!!

-ujuphleg

R

randhi

Hey guys,
i was wondering, could i possible manipulate this cartoon to fit imaginative journey!!
i mean i could write about the speculation of journey but could i bs my way through 200 words...

Rush152

This is such a coincidence, I was about to start another thread about it but then I saw this one..

I have a copy of this strip aswell but it has no title. For those who do have it could you post up the title of the strip, or even the date of the newspaper that it came in for me aswell?

I'm really sorry but I dont have a scanner to get it onto the computer..

J

jhakka

Leunig is the ultimate evil (after logarithms in 2u maths).

R

randhi

He may be the ultimate evil but he basically has everything that the english department love.

nesstar

i used that cartoon!

The title is "Daily Journeys"...took me ages to find that on the net! It was from last year's callendar.

Cina

Cina
HSC
Leunig cartoon

If anyone has any information on the leunig cartoon that was once in the S.M.H calendar could you please help me out. Im havin a bit of trouble trying to analyse it. Any help would be appreciated greatly

"the journey between waking up in the morning......."

slock

HSC
N/A
hi i have searched everywhere for the Leunig calender of 2003 that will be good for an imaginative journeys text. i can't find it anywhere and was wondering if anyone had and could send it 2 me at sam_lock@msn.com or knew where i coulg go 2 get it. i think the particular cartoon is called 'daily journeys'
thanks heaps

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
Hey sorry for bumpin an old thread but does anyone happen to have Michael Leunig's calendar of 2003, especially the cartoon about journey.

Thanks

lucky89

=)
HSC
randhi said:
Hey guys,
i was wondering, could i possible manipulate this cartoon to fit imaginative journey!!
i mean i could write about the speculation of journey but could i bs my way through 200 words...

im trying to relate this text to imaginative journeys aswell
and found that it can be done
i have an exert from someones old imag jour essay about it if u r interested?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)