HELP NEED ADVISE: How should i study for geography to get high band? Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Sleeeeeeeeepy

HSC
Hi guys I'm turning year 12 in two weeks, just wondering how should i study AND prepare for geography...
Is it better to get Global Interactions 2 than Excel Geography study guide?
How did y'all get band 6 or 5?

teddy123

HSC
I haven't completed the Geo HSC yet but i got a 97 on my trial and 90's for my other internal assessments so i can give some advice. Don't neglect the skills, try and get some stimulus booklets for past HSC exams or trials and ensure you can do everything asked. The skills in the multiple choice and short answer sections are easy marks. For the other sections i just make summaries and memorize examples. Practice essays are always going to be useful for study as well. Its a pretty easy subject just ensure you know everything on the syllabus and practice skills and you should be alright. Also the syllabus hasn't changed in ages so almost all the past papers are still relevant for practice.

Sleeeeeeeeepy

HSC
Hey! I haven't completed the HSC yet either but am in a very similar boat to teddy123 - also 97% in my trial and above 95% for all other internals so I can offer you some advice.
100% agree with the above -
  • Study skills throughout the year - DON'T neglect them this is where most students (at least in my cohort) lost the majority of marks in the trial exam
  • Case studies and examples are everything - force yourself to enjoy them even if you really, really don't (I had to do that for intertidal wetlands aha)
  • You hear it all the time but genuinely summarise your class notes as soon as you do them into easy to learn dot points or mindmaps or whatever works for you + case studies included
  • Once you cover a part of the syllabus, find a past HSC essay question on it (like the person above said, there's heaps of relevant past papers bc the syllabus hasn't changed in so long) and write that, hand it in, get feedback, improve, etc. because if you smash the essays that's already 40% of the exam
Good luck!
Thank you sooo much, I really need to practice heaps for my essay + geo skills. Amazing marks for your trials omg I wanna get a 97% as well hahaha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)