Help : Movie Heroes In Context (1 Viewer)

sandry

HSC
could anyone please help me out with this assessment that i have. i have to write an essay comparing the way in which heroes in movies reflect the context of the time. i.e. cultural, historical, political etc. please help????

bottomsup

HSC
Why are they seen to be a hero in the movie?
If the hero was to perform the same heroic act in the 21st century would they still be considered a hero? Have our values changed so much that good and evil aren't what they were 30 years ago?

Think about how the hero does their job too, ie. is there alot of technical or professional influence suggesting a modern context? etc.

Last edited:

sandry

HSC
i understand the nature of the task but have to use 5 movies from 1930s to now and have to use them in comparison. i dont really know what movies i could possibly use from earlier eras. do you have any ideas?????

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Well, everybody knows Hollywood films are superficial cliches and archetypes of the modern world, dumbed down to suit an audience who favour action and explicit scenes over substance and class. Compare films from different periods and analyse antagonists. Look at how the shift has slowly shifted from Nazis to Communists to corrupt politicians and business and ethnic minority groups. Action is one hell of a crap genre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)