help me!! (1 Viewer)

suzieee

HSC
im trying to enrol, but i have no idea what units to choose! i have talked to my careers advisor and she has no idea either. is there anyone who can talk me through it??

thanks!

BlackDragon

HSC
yep. i've done mine. what's your msn i'll help you do it as you go.
email the student centre though with all your questions. and they'll pass it on to the appropriate officer and you'll get an email back with your answers in a few days. i did that and i asked about a page worth and they replied well and then i did my units properly.

Last edited:

suzieee

HSC
im on a school comp, so msn doesnt work!! i think ive worked it out now (maybe!) although im not sure how many units to do... i left the booklet they sent out at home! (i have an excuse tho, i had to get ready in 15 mins when it usually takes me 45!)

im doing b. nursing, so if anyone has any idea how many units to do plz help me!!

suzieee

HSC
meh. im going home. my grandparents are picking me up in 25 mins... so ill have to do it all over again on my dial up connection. joy.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Don't panic, I remember signing up for my first year units during O Week earlier this year. We received course advice on one day and signed up the next, though first-year units are fairly clear-cut as there aren't that many alternatives (unless you're doing Arts). If you'd rather do it at home (I can't guarantee they'll still be doing it on-campus, but I can't see why they'd stop), then read on.

You should have received the All Faculties Enrolment Guide and Schedule of Units 2007 in the mail along with one sent by your faculty with specific course details. Check this second one as it will outline each course and list compulsory units for first-years.

Sometimes there are more than eight compulsory subjects, so you can check out the 2007 Timtabelling function at the UNE website (I'm so good to all you little Freshers). Enter your unit codes for first (and then second) semester and compile them before hitting "Display Timetable In Grid View" and you'll get a chart detailing all lectures, tutorials, workshops, practicals and/or seminars for each unit. Scroll down and you'll be able to see if you have a clash (normally you can't enrol online if two subjects clash, but sometimes it's unavoidable).

rev-ise

HSC
I suppose the unit pattern/schedule which is suggested in the faculty booklet with course details is fine, and there shouldn't be any clashes, as that is what UNE actually reccommends?

Also, does 'cp' mean credit points?

BlackDragon

HSC
yes. you need 24 cp per semester. 4 units. and a certain amount of cp in different things to qualify for your degree.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
rev-ise said:
I suppose the unit pattern/schedule which is suggested in the faculty booklet with course details is fine, and there shouldn't be any clashes, as that is what UNE actually reccommends?

Also, does 'cp' mean credit points?
First-year clashes only happen very occasionally and usually only with smaller subjects. Most of mine this year consisted of 200 or so people, but ECON143 had less than fifty internal students and people often had to leave lectures halfway through becuase of a clash. Also, a friend of mine is doing International Business and had collisions between his MM105 and Mandarin. The university can't stop it from happening all the time, but they do their best to minimise clashes.

suzieee

HSC
hey thanks guys! i rang the uni and the person said i was having so much trouble cos they'd sent me the wrong books... they sent me some postgraduate thing (although it had somehing about first yr of b. nursing...) and didnt send All Faculties Enrolment Guide and Schedule of Units 2007 at all. theyre emailing me links to the online versions soon (im kinda panicking tho cos im leaving to go to the coast tomorrow and wont have access to the internet until after the closing date!)
but anyway, hopefully i should be able to work it out
thanks for all your help!

BlackDragon

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
First-year clashes only happen very occasionally and usually only with smaller subjects. Most of mine this year consisted of 200 or so people, but ECON143 had less than fifty internal students and people often had to leave lectures halfway through becuase of a clash. Also, a friend of mine is doing International Business and had collisions between his MM105 and Mandarin. The university can't stop it from happening all the time, but they do their best to minimise clashes.
i have five clashes in my first semester units. this seems like alot.

Last edited:

suzieee

HSC
YAY! my mum rang up again (she got a different person to the one i got) and this second person told her the exact course codes (cos apparrently there are no electives for the first year) anyway, id already pretty much enrolled, just had to click one more button :)
yay! im glad thats over :)

kezryn

HSC
u dont have to enrol for nursing till o week do you?? im a secong yr nurse and we didnt enrol till o week. might hav changed i dunno

BlackDragon

HSC
this is ridiculous. i'm doing b arts/b science and out of 6 unit combinations the least amount of clashes i have is 5. how the hell is this meant to be a viable course?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
this is ridiculous. i'm doing b arts/b science and out of 6 unit combinations the least amount of clashes i have is 5. how the hell is this meant to be a viable course?
You mean you've tried all twenty four (that's an estimate) subject areas?

If yes, talk to the Student Centre. If no, talk to them anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)