help me with this assessment PLEASE (1 Viewer)

tunat

hey, if anyone has any information or help for the following assessment it would really help, its not that i havnt tried its just that my best isnt good enough for my teacher...so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

: Artists constuct a representation, reflection or a critique of their world for the viewer.
With reference to this statement, analyse the ways in which the following 3 artists have responded to their world to inspire or challenge thier audience:

*Kathe Kollwitz
*Artemisia Gentileschi
*Frida Khalo

THANX SO MUCH....its such a driller:chainsaw:

tunat

nah i didnt choose them...i was given them.... thats why its so hard......Please can you help...??

jaNetix

dammit...this whole thing i wrote got deleted

frida. everything in her work is a representation.
eg. - marriage and split from deigo riviera
- lesbian affairs
- pain from bus accident

all these events are depicted in her art works, thus she is representing her world. im not sure if thats rite...but id say that

id say such personal art was challenging and inspiring coz ppl wernt used to that back then..(not sure if this is rite??)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I did an Assessment on Frida when i was in Year 12.

I remember reading a really long quote from her about ' Two Fridas'.
It was a reflection of her childhood and how when she was little (sick with polio and alone) she would draw this imaginary window... yadda yadda... and she would meet this imaginary friend at the centre of the world. I'll find out where i got this crap from. I have a 2000 word essay on her (on paper). I'm not sure if it's on my computer anymore, but if it is i'll send it to you if you like?

I'm not familiar with the artist Artemisia Gentileschi, but i know a bit about Kathe Kollwitz. Theres a book on her art practice and we she focuses on words. All i remember is that the book is a part of a series which includes Pollock, your library might have it.

If i find out the name of the book, or find any helpful info i'll let you know.

soso

HSC
N/A
essay help

In your first paragraph you can say something like Artists create art works (This is art practice) that reflect their world. They communicate through the use of signs and symbols (cultural frame) their understanding, emotions (subject frame) that is refelective of themselves and their times. This can be seen in the work of.........

Then use the elements of the frames to discuss their artworks and how they support your first paragraph statement

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
kahlo's sort of a strange choice for this essay. as i see it, most of her works depict herself and the changes/pain/struggles she goes through.

thinking about it actually, they're often in the context of her physical/socio-cultural/spiritual environment (think mexican modernism, diego rivera, united states/mexico contrast (industrialisation vs older, more personal methods), the importance of religion in mexico a the time, that sort of thing).

in a similar way, kollwitz's rather bleak outlook on life (showing through in her works) was shaped by tradgedy in her own life. see if you can get a brief bio from a book or the net or somewhere -- heaps of bad stuff happened to her family.

ellirene

HSC
sorry to say but your all wrong.
i did this essay earlier last year and it was an inclass essay too and scored 25/25.

in a question like this, its better to pick three artists of the same society.
mexican society during the revolution is always good.
i did diego rivera, freida kahlo and jose clement orozco.

all of these painters painted during the times of the porfiro regime which restricted the rights of women (freida) economically, socially,politically and religiously. The porfiro regime was under an evil dictator named porfiro diaz. diaz also restricted any form of money from the pheasant class (jose paints this). And whilst doing this, diego rivera promotes communism through his paintings in order to end diaz's regime, as he is meerly a dictator.

so when researching a question like this, its always important to know the history behind the works because more than often the history signifies the means.

:))))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)