help me plz? expression of religion.... (1 Viewer)

A7777

I'm your enemy
HSC
yo, I'm Trance', live in Sydney, non alcoholic, and I got a question;yeah.

'Analyse the expression of religion in Australia from 1945 to the present'....

yeah, its a lame wuestion, but I gotta write 1000-1200 words on it. google helps heaps, but can anyone gimme a bit mo help ere plz? its gettin to me n I only have ten days in which to type it up.... Thanks heaps!:)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
A7777 said:
yo, I'm Trance', live in Sydney, non alcoholic, and I got a question;yeah.

'Analyse the expression of religion in Australia from 1945 to the present'....

yeah, its a lame wuestion, but I gotta write 1000-1200 words on it. google helps heaps, but can anyone gimme a bit mo help ere plz? its gettin to me n I only have ten days in which to type it up.... Thanks heaps!:)
Can I suggest you have a look at the syllabus first as it lists lots of examples (immigration, secularisation, new age religions etc) that you can base your analysis on.

Work out what you want to do then come back here and ask as its a pretty broad thing you are asking!! (and its a terrible question to boot!)

BTW...welcome to the forums

edit:

BTW moved your post as we are (hopefully) re-organising the forum and I dont want this to get mixed up with the old SOR stuff!

Our first real new SOR question as well- congratulations!

Last edited:

angeliak

HSC
heyyy well .. i Have a smililar question its.....

** EXAMINE THE INFLUENCE AND THE EXPRESSION OF RELIGION AND BELIEF SYSTEMS IN AUSTRALIA.. POST 1945...

Im going to concentrate on immigration and the impact.. and i found a really good site .. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/04fifty.htm#stats ... so take a look hope it helps ...

if u find any on immigration please let me no.. thank :)

soulprincess-89

HSC
hey i have the same sorta thing......

1.create a grphic representation of the expression of religious traditions in australiapost 1945 to the present.
2.account for the changes in religious exression in australia from 1945 to the present, christian and non-chrastian religious traditions.

guidelines
  • post world war 2
  • white australia policy
  • new age religions
800-1000 words.

im screwed... i suk at this i cant even get my head around the question. if you have any ideas please help. im so stuck with a total brain freez. the whole thing confuses me. =(

clydefrog01

HSC
some SOR notes

Hey
I have had been using this site for a while now and thought I'ld give it a go at posting something my self.

Just some summaries which may help

Also if any other 2 unit SOR students could post notes up, it'll be awsome!

View attachment 14972

View attachment 14973

yosemite sam

HSC
Re: some SOR notes

I dont have any typed notes that could help you...I dont have any notes actually, we had a sacrificial burning after our hsc exam (seemed appropriate at the time) but...religious expression post 1945... after world war one a lot of european christians came to australia and the christian sects diversified because of that (greek orthodox, italian catholics etc) and then after the white australia policy ended more diverse religions were able to migrate to australia, which is when noticeable numbers of muslims, hindus etc start to arrive. then in the 1970s 'new age' religions started to rise... stuff that includes crystals and tarot and those sorts of things (textbooks usually give a good definition) in the 1990s the number of non-religion or not named religions grows significantly (check your census results) and as a result the numbers of christians especially decreases. reasons for that decrease - australians dont feel as obliged to write down that theyre christian on the census, not as linked to the mother country and her church, not a big focus on religion in australia. you could also mention that australians dont seem to take religion as seriously anymore, as demonstrated by the rise in the number of poeple listing themselves as jedi on the censuses. hope that helps.

.M.L.T.

HSC
Okay, i have a test tomorrow on basically this whole topic and i'd just like to say that the sites that people posted up here have done more teaching than my teacher and so Thank You Very Much.

To anyone else a little lost, this is the explanation that i 'got'

Aboriginal spirituality and the dreaming is basically: their whole life is given direction by the Dreaming. My teacher called it an entire worldview, which would probably be a good idea to slip into the short answer question if you can because it's a religion-y word. For this bit you go into stuff that their worlview influences like their kinship and ceremonial life and their obligations to their land and people, which is stuff like they could be meant to play the drums in a ceremony, and thats their job in the community.

The next dot pointish thingy is basically : we (the white people) took their land so they couldn't dance/sing/paint/hunt on it anymore and the spiritual stuff that came with that. Then we took away their family or 'kinship groups' which removed their social structures and took away the individuals togetherness with the tribe and understanding of self. After that you look at the stolen generation and talk about how that took away the children's belonging to tribe, cultural and spiritual idenity and understanding of the Dreaming and their spirituality

Thats the first two dot points done vaugely for you the way i had it explained to me and actually understood (i had trouble making myself thinking that the Dreaming was the spiritual while the society was not)

Good Luck!

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)