Help Me Please !!! (1 Viewer)

Beetle

HSC
Hello Fellow UTS'ers

I got a UAI of 94 and was considering applying into the B of Business and majoring in Marketing, because I wanna get into advertising and all that, but then i read about Bachelor of Arts in Communication in Public Communication. They have a major there for Advertising so now i don't know which course to choose.

Bachelor of Business (89.05)

Or

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Communication) (92.95)

Can someone offer me any advise?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The first thing I think you should remember is that above all, that course is a BA Communication which involves study of the media, politics, sociology and culture. A business degree will involve alot of different things e.g business management, micro/macro-economics, accounting and what not.

Another important thing to consider is that you will not be able to major in other business-esque areas aside from advertising if you do the BA Communication, however you would be able to pursue these areas of study in a BBus. On the flipside, the BA Comm will also allow you to pursue areas such as PR, writing, animation, information management and even electives from other universities. I would also point out to you that in the BA Comm, you will not study advertising itself until second year as you recieve no choice whatsoever in first year subjects.

Carlz135

HSC
Yep, well put.
Basically your choice coems down to do you want to learn about Advertising from the business marketing angle... or from the social science angle.... its one of those things you won't really understand the difference until you're doing one of them. I'm doing Pub Comm advertising, and they like to remind us that we are solving communication problems.. not marketing and business solutions, there is actually a difference. Having said that though... business students do our subjects too, as electives, in conjunction with their marketing degree.

Confusing I know.... maybe it helps to answer - are you more of an arts type student or business.... basically that would be a good guide!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)